New to tPF, saying hello! Plus I got my first LV for the holiday....r/o

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
    Hi all,

I am new here and wanted to say hello and tell you all about my awesome holiday gifts from my mom. She knew I wanted a LV duffle forever. I could never bring myself to buy one. SO.....she bought me a Keepall Mono 55 for the holiday. Well, needless to say, it was love at first sight.

Anyway, I packed her up for a "test run" and sadly she was just too dang heavy. I travel with a 3 year old in tow and was afraid it was going be a struggle. I asked if she would return it for a 50. She told me it was no problem (she got it from eLuxury) and she would have the 50 shipped to my house (she lives in FL and I live in NJ). The whole time my husband was drooling over the bag. He travels 42 weeks a year and is always looking for the "it" bag.

I get home from our visit with mom and 2 days later my 50 arrives. It is perfect in every way. I am a pretty light packer and can get a weeks worth of clothes and shoes in there no problem.

THEN.....3 days later a huge box arrives from my mom. It was the 55! She saw how much my husband loved it and sent it to him. It just went on it's first trip today. Mine (along with me) is meeting it (and my husband) in 3 weeks in LA. Hooray! He packed for a month in his 55, but he does his laundry on the road.

Anyway, just wanted to share my first LVs and say Hi!

2. Congratulations!

3. Congrats! It's so sweet your mom got the 55 for your hubby! Now you guys can match when you travel together!

4. That is awesome!

5. She said the same thing about us matching. In fact she said a Speedy would be just the right size for my 3 year old to use as a duffle. LOL

I had to cut her off at that point. =)

6. Wonderful mom!! Congrats!

7. So nice of your mom. Congrats!

8. Wow! What a great mom! Congrats!

9. Great mom :tup: !! And congrats on your new Keepall.

10. OMG, your mum is so nice. Great choice. Congrats and welcome to TPF

11. Aw your Mum sounds so sweet. Congrats on the gifts and welcome!

12. What a sweet Mom you have!:heart: Congrats & Welcome to TPF! :smile:

13. You have a wonderful mother! Congrats on your first LV!

14. You're mother is really thoughtful and sweet!

Congrats!

15. Aww what a great, thoughtful mom. Do you think she'd want another daughter? :P