New to this site and just bought my first LV bag

mum2theboys

Feb 28, 2010
I am new to this site, and wanted to see what goes on!

I'd been watching a couple of LV bags on eBay, but I was so nervous about paying £000's for a bag that may or may not be a fake, also the ones I was watching were removed from the site, so I decided to visit the LV store in Selfridges in Manchester city centre.

My intention wasn't to purchase, but I ended up buying the Monogram Vernis Alma PM. I love the bag, but at £915 it is (for me) a really expensive purchase......I'm going to have no money for the rest of the month........and it's only 2nd March!

I know I have the real thing, but someone please tell me that I have done the right thing?

I'd been watching a couple of LV bags on eBay, but I was so nervous about paying £000's for a bag that may or may not be a fake, also the ones I was watching were removed from the site, so I decided to visit the LV store in Selfridges in Manchester city centre.

My intention wasn't to purchase, but I ended up buying the Monogram Vernis Alma PM. I love the bag, but at £915 it is (for me) a really expensive purchase......I'm going to have no money for the rest of the month........and it's only 2nd March!

I know I have the real thing, but someone please tell me that I have done the right thing?

First of all - welcome!!!

The first one is always scary, it can feel overwhelming to have paid that for a bag for the first time, as it surely is alot of money. However, see it in a long term - this bag will look gorgeous in years and years and years to come! Enjoy it, savour it, and look forward to April. A little sacrifice can be a good thing, might make you appreachiate it more!

And it IS a good feeling, knowing 100 % that you have the real deal.

Welcome, and congrats on your new bag.

As long as you can pay your bills, you did the rigth choise. Living on soup for a while don't kill you :lol: (never killed me...) Guess we all been there sometimes... But in April you get mony again, and you still have your georgeus bag!

Congrats on your first LV and welcome to the forum!

I agree with MOWCAM, buying the first bag is always scary and it is a lot of money. But, as long as you're okay financially (can pay bills, savings is good, etc) then treat yourself with that gorgeous bag. Think of how often you'll wear it and for how many years. Alma is a classic bag so you don't have to worry about it looking "dated" in a couple of years. And Bleu Nuit is a nice nuetral color than can be worn with pretty much anything for work or for going out. You'll get so much use out of her, plus it makes you so happy! Totally worth it. :tup:

I understand! I am going to purchase an LV bag (for myself, by myself) for the first time this week... And I already have buyers remorse! I think it is normal, but if you never bought it you would feel worse wanting it every day. So I think you did the right thing! Congratulations to you and Happy Birthday!

I get that feeling too when I buy a new LV item. But I hope that you will feel alright with it! It surely is a gorgeous bag!! It will change your life. Everything becomes super elegant and you feel like you are in a French movie all the time. :smile::smile::smile:

Welcome to tpf! I love the Vernis Alma! Great 1st LV!

The first few purchases were overwhelming to me too! After awhile, I made sacrifices in other areas of my life and use the money I saved toward LV.

We would all love to see pics of your new Alma!!

Congrats on you'd 1st LV!

Congrats on winning your first LV.

I also felt very guilty when I bought my first LV a few years ago. I kept thinking to myself, "I am so selfish. How could I spend all of this money on myself? I could save it for my family or use it for a family vacation..." But then my husband said to me, "You do so much for the family on a day to day basis. You deserve to have something nice all to yourself." And the rest, as they say, is history. He now regrets saying those words because you get over the initial sticker shock and guilt pretty quickly. :biggrin: