New To Selling on Ebay - How Long Should I Keep Pictures of My Sold Bags?

thenshesays

Jun 4, 2014
I am new to selling on ebay and sold some bags that I no longer desire to have in my collection.

I've sold 2 bags about 6 months ago and planning to sell a few more.

I took many pictures of my bags and all details and have lots of pictures of them stored in my phone just in case.

I always keep all my pictures and usps receipts just in case I need to resort back to them in the future such as in the case a buyer loses their ebay or paypal claim and then would pursue a chargeback ect...

Buyers have 45 days to file claim with ebay and paypal ... but is there a time frame to file cc chargebacks?

I want to know when would be safe for me to throw away the receipt and delete the pictures of 2 bags that I have already sold 6 months ago?

I am new to selling on ebay and sold some bags that I no longer desire to have in my collection.

I took many pictures of my bags and all details and have lots of pictures of them stored in my phone just in case.

I always keep all my pictures and usps receipts just in case I need to resort back to them in the future such as in the case a buyer loses their ebay or paypal claim and then would pursue a chargeback ect...

Buyers have 45 days to file claim with ebay and paypal ... but is there a time frame to file cc chargebacks?

I want to know when would be safe for me to throw away the receipt and delete the pictures of 2 bags that I have already sold 6 months ago?

Every credit card has different time frames for chargebacks.

If you don't mind storing them, I would keep them for up to a year.

I would think a buyer would not wait a year to contact a seller with an issue
but we live in a strange ebay world & thus for that reason would keep my
pics & receipts.. You just never know, IYKWIM

You should keep them for a year. It would best if you could download them to a computer and/or memory stick rather than on your phone if you can, though. :smile:

OP -- great question! I was wondering this myself.
I worry about scammers doing chargebacks as well. Figure I had better keep photos as long as I can (on my computer)
Best of luck!

I don't delete my pictures at all. Computers now have plenty of memory so there's little chance of running out of space.

I also find that having a large library of photos is helpful in authenticating as well as using for reference for style numbers, color names, year of manufacture, etc.

If you sell NWT items and save the pictures, if you come across another of the same NWT item in a year, you'll already have the pictures. (You can't do this with pre-owned, but for NWT, it's a huge time saver.)

I suggest always going the extra mile with imagery using good lighting and more pictures than you'd feel necessary to display. I even noted from testing that doing so can add 10%-20% to your final selling price. Another thing to consider is showing a hand written note with your username and the product you have.

I suggest always going the extra mile with imagery using good lighting and more pictures than you'd feel necessary to display. I even noted from testing that doing so can add 10%-20% to your final selling price. Another thing to consider is showing a hand written note with your username and the product you have.

She's asking about deleting stored pictures.