New to PF! Would like to know sizing of Birkin

babybokchois

Jul 3, 2020
Hi! I am new to PF! Love all the Hermes resources here and a lot of these threads have helped me decide on which style bags/color/leather to buy so thank you all! I am in the market for a Birkin but cannot decide between a size 30 or 35 and I am going to buy pre-loved. Haven't seen them in person so I am not sure which one to go for? I am 5'4 and a new mom, so I typically have a fair amount of stuff with me. TIA!

Hi! I am new to PF! Love all the Hermes resources here and a lot of these threads have helped me decide on which style bags/color/leather to buy so thank you all! I am in the market for a Birkin but cannot decide between a size 30 or 35 and I am going to buy pre-loved. Haven't seen them in person so I am not sure which one to go for? I am 5'4 and a new mom, so I typically have a fair amount of stuff with me. TIA!
I would go into the Clubhouse threads here and look through the Ode to the 30 and Ode to the 35 threads...there is some great eye candy and sizing detail there.

Reactions: MAGJES
@hopiko beautiful! is this your collection? it is absolutely stunning. Does anyone know if the bags tend to feel like they weigh the same or is the 35 clearly heavier? i know it depends on leather too, I was thinking about acquiring a Togo leather since its so soft and supple. :smile:

Reactions: hopiko
^I wouldn’t necessarily describe Togo as soft and supple. At least the ones I own, they’re pretty stiff and keeps its shape. Very hardy too.
I don’t have a B35 but have several B30s and it’s easily my favorite size. It is not necessary the best bag to carry when out with a baby but it does fit a lot. Also another point to consider is that amount of baby related things to carry reduces as they get older so you might not need a bigger bag by then. I started carrying my B30 freely when I did not have to bring several milk bottles and diapers to go out with my kid.

Reactions: keodi
@hopiko beautiful! is this your collection? it is absolutely stunning. Does anyone know if the bags tend to feel like they weigh the same or is the 35 clearly heavier? i know it depends on leather too, I was thinking about acquiring a Togo leather since its so soft and supple. :smile:

Yes, these are (were!) my bags...I know longer have the 35cm as it was simply too big. I bought it before iPads and ebooks so needed the size but as the world evolved, my need for that size waned. 35cm is a very big bag and when you stuff it full, it becomes hard to handle as there is no shoulder strap. I found that when my kids were little (I have twins so had double the stuff!), I like using an Evelyn or Lindy because they had shoulder straps..when they got a little bit older, I went back to my Bs and Ks...sticking mostly with 30cm Bs and 28cm (or occasional 32cm) Ks..B30 is still my go to size! So manageable but not too big.

Good luck and have fun picking!!

Thank you @hopiko and @odette57! This is all super helpful. I may have only touched Togo leather once in my life and thought it was similar to Clemence leather! I actually have been looking on Fashionphile for a Birkin 35, just because I tend to carry larger bags daily. I have a Kelly 32 and two Goyard St Louis GMs that I use a lot. Sometimes my Hermes Evelyne PM will be filled to the brim with baby snacks etc. but as you ladies have mentioned, I am trying to remember that this stage won't last forever (Unless I have #2 soon lol :blush:). Anyway, now I'm second guessing the 35 since it sounds quite large and heavy. Maybe I should actually hunt for a 30 lol. I saw these photos of Morgan Stewart holding her Birkin and wondering what size hers is. It looks so good on her!

Morgan-Stewart-in-Ripped-Jeans--09.jpg

Morgan-Stewart-Feet-2782397.jpg

Reactions: Notorious Pink
Thank you @hopiko and @odette57! This is all super helpful. I may have only touched Togo leather once in my life and thought it was similar to Clemence leather! I actually have been looking on Fashionphile for a Birkin 35, just because I tend to carry larger bags daily. I have a Kelly 32 and two Goyard St Louis GMs that I use a lot. Sometimes my Hermes Evelyne PM will be filled to the brim with baby snacks etc. but as you ladies have mentioned, I am trying to remember that this stage won't last forever (Unless I have #2 soon lol :blush:). Anyway, now I'm second guessing the 35 since it sounds quite large and heavy. Maybe I should actually hunt for a 30 lol. I saw these photos of Morgan Stewart holding her Birkin and wondering what size hers is. It looks so good on her!

View attachment 4884001

View attachment 4884003
Looks like a 35 to me! Agree, it does look good....great in fact! If you are strong and good carrying on the crook of your arm, then 35cm could be the one for you! It holds tons of stuff!! Togo used to be quite stiff but the current batches are much softer...clemence is usually soft and would not be good in a 35cm unless you want slouchy!

I'm 5'2" and carry both 35 and 30. 35 holds so much more! Both are great, so I would choose according to what you need to carry, unless weight is a real issue (I don't mind a loaded 35, but some do.
Clemence is lovely and soft in a Birkin...my first B was B35 Clemence and I adored that bag :heart:

View attachment 4884001

View attachment 4884003

This could also be a 40: I have no idea who this lady is, so I don't know if she's tall or petite.....I only have 35s and this looks bigger, I'm 5'7"/1,70m for reference.