New to Me Intrecciato Nappa Tote

amateurjeweler

Midas Jr.
O.G.
Jun 30, 2011
Hello BVers!

I just wanted to share my first ever BV bag that I recently purchased on consignment. It's a tan tote with yellow intrecciato strips woven in. I am smitten! It's boxy but also slouchy due to previous love, and it's the most buttery soft leather I've ever felt in my life. It's also surprisingly light for a full leather bag with suede lining.

If anyone has suggestions for a leather protector to use I would appreciate it. I don't mind if it makes the bag look darker as long as the coloration stays even and not splotchy. I am also curious if there are any guesses as to what colors these are, as I am not too familiar with them

Thanks for letting me share! IMG_20180828_222804548_LL.jpg

Welcome to BV. Generally, BV discourages the use of leather protectors. Better to just let the Nappa leather do its thing. If it gets soiled, look for posts from our Ksouromax that show you how to clean it safely.

Re the color: Inside the bag, probably in a pocket, is a white serial tag. Take a photo of the side of the tag with numbers. This will help us tell you the exact season, style, skin, and color.

Hello BVers!

I just wanted to share my first ever BV bag that I recently purchased on consignment. It's a tan tote with yellow intrecciato strips woven in. I am smitten! It's boxy but also slouchy due to previous love, and it's the most buttery soft leather I've ever felt in my life. It's also surprisingly light for a full leather bag with suede lining.

If anyone has suggestions for a leather protector to use I would appreciate it. I don't mind if it makes the bag look darker as long as the coloration stays even and not splotchy. I am also curious if there are any guesses as to what colors these are, as I am not too familiar with them

Thanks for letting me share! View attachment 4176854
Welcome to BV and congrats on your new tote. :flowers:
I don't know what colour(s) the bag is. The colour code will probably be 7062 and it's probably from somewhere around 2004 give or take a year. The second (tan-like) colour might be Noce, but the pale yellow is the one designated on the tag. I want to say someone somewhere on this forum had the Veneta version of this, but I could be imagining things. There were some bi-colour bags done around that time. Someone with more knowledge than I can probably help you with that.
Enjoy your new bag, and don't forget to post some action pics! :smile:

Reactions: amateurjeweler
What a great find!

I like the two-tone weave, and that aspect probably would be forgiving in terms of hiding soil. But, I understand wanting to protect it. Almost all of my SAs have discouraged applying any products on the leather. One of them, however, said that they sometimes used a light application of Meltonian spray for their clients who requested it, for what it’s worth. I’ve used that spray on my non-BV dress shoes to protect against getting wet from rain and snow, and it seemed to do no harm. Use at your own risk.

Enjoy your new tote!

Reactions: amateurjeweler