New to me Bolide 31: yes or no?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. 40% off dresses, jumpsuits and sandals at Nordstrom. Sale ends Thursday at 9am EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

Keep or return?

1. Keep

2. Return

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dear fellow Hermes lovers, (sorry, can't figure out how to add accent marks!)

I've just purchased a secondhand Bolide 31 (2005) from Ann's Fabulous Finds and desperately need your advice!

This will be my second Hermes bag -- I also have a (new) Jypsiere 28 in gold clemence, which I love.

I've been wanting a Bolide in this size and color (rouge H) and I really like this leather, which is vache liegee, since it isn't too slouchy.

The bag is in great condition, with some scratches inside that don't bother me since I'm sure I'll scratch it myself. It came with the shoulder strap, clochette, dust bag and one key. Price was $4500; a new B31in clemence is $8100.

So my question is: Do you think this is a fair price given that it has only one key and no box? Does the one key hurt its resale value enough for me to spend nearly twice as much on a new bag??

Thanks SO MUCH for your input!! xoxo Alisa

Attached Files:

2. I think it's a reasonable price for a preloved bolide.
    Acc like locks and keys are not paramount when it comes to valueing a bag, let alone box.
    Enjoy your bolide, value buy!

3. Thanks so much for your input, HMuse!! I do really love this bag but tend to obsess over details, which is why I generally don't buy pre-owned.

Hermes is new territory for me -- I have probably a dozen H scarves etc. but hadn't been tempted by the bags until now. I can see it's a slippery slope!!

4. It's a great buy for a classic and hard to find color. One Key is no big deal.

5. +1

6. I think that's a great price! one key and box is not a big deal.

7. I think it's a great bag beautiful
    I don't care much bout bag accessories
    They can be always purchase from stores or open markets
    Many alternatives

8. That's a very reasonable price IMHO! Go for it! I love my Bolide 31 because I can dress it up or down.. Hope you'll enjoy your new purchase!! :biggrin::graucho:

9. very reasonable price
    the missing key/box isnt significant in my book at this price point

10. Thanks; great advice! And I love this size too for its versatility!

11. Thanks for taking the time to write -- that's where I'm leaning, too!

12. Thanks!!:smile:

13. That's a very good point. Hadn't thought about getting keys/lock on secondary market; I don't care about the box. Thanks!! :biggrin:

14. beautiful classic bag in a very classic color...and reasonable price. keep!

15. Agree with so many others. Bag is beautiful and what counts more is the condition of the bag based on its price. Price seems reasonable and Ann's is good and reliable. Enjoy it!