New to Me Bal First! :) Do I need to condition?

CSG

Mar 11, 2015
I received my vintage Balenciage First! I had this authenticated here in the forum a while back and just got it now after layaway terms. I am so happy!

It is Balenciaga First Black from 2005. A vintage piece. Just a question, do I need to condition the leather? I have an apple leather conditioner at home. Or do nothing? I am afraid I might ruin the bag.

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    220.3 KB · Views: 374
I received my vintage Balenciage First! I had this authenticated here in the forum a while back and just got it now after layaway terms. I am so happy!

It is Balenciaga First Black from 2005. A vintage piece. Just a question, do I need to condition the leather? I have an apple leather conditioner at home. Or do nothing? I am afraid I might ruin the bag.

Thanks in advance for the responses.
Why don't you live with it for a bit? I wouldn't rush into anything.

I may be too excited to use it! Lol!

I have no idea about conditioning, I am just as unsure as you about conditioning my own pre-owned Bal clutch and SLG and my new PS Pouch. I don't know if I dare go outside with them without at least some sort of rain & stain repellent like Apple Brand?

Anyway, just wanted to say congrats on your beautiful black First!

Reactions: CSG
I have no idea about conditioning, I am just as unsure as you about conditioning my own pre-owned Bal clutch and SLG and my new PS Pouch. I don't know if I dare go outside with them without at least some sort of rain & stain repellent like Apple Brand?

Anyway, just wanted to say congrats on your beautiful black First!

I love the bag! It is my first balenciaga bag :smile:

I also have that rain & stain repellent at home.

Congrats on your first B --- this is very pretty and looks to be in great condition. I have the same bag from 06 and am quite smitten with mine :smile:. I don't use anything on my bags (I try to be very careful and avoid using my more special bags when it rains). Enjoy!

Reactions: CSG
Congrats on your first B --- this is very pretty and looks to be in great condition. I have the same bag from 06 and am quite smitten with mine :smile:. I don't use anything on my bags (I try to be very careful and avoid using my more special bags when it rains). Enjoy!

It is in great condition. Can't wait to use it :smile:

I've used Apple guard on my Bals and they faded... I wouldn't if I were you. They really age beautifully on their own.
Do you think they faded because of the Apple Guard or because some Bals just seem to fade because of how the leather was dyed?
Have you used Leather Honey? It's confusing for us newbies because some experienced Bal owners swear by these different treatments and some say to not use them :confused1:

IMO the lovely thing about Bals is that they are so resilient and don't need much babying. Even the rain dries off perfectly in my experience. Possibly a little moisturizer on the corners if they look dry, otherwise I'd just take normal care and enjoy!

Congrats on your new bag - it's gorgeous.

What @Indiana said.
I know many here condition, but I don't. I've also never had an issue taking my Bals out in the rain. They seem to withstand getting a little wet without a problem.

I got caught in the rain (unexpected) with this bag. It got some watermarks but dries out easily. No water stains and damage on the leather! I am now a fan of this bag :smile:

Do you think they faded because of the Apple Guard or because some Bals just seem to fade because of how the leather was dyed?
Have you used Leather Honey? It's confusing for us newbies because some experienced Bal owners swear by these different treatments and some say to not use them :confused1:
Well.. those I sprayed with faded into a yellowish tinge, and those I didn't, stayed true to Color. So no way I'm gonna use it again. I've never used anything else on m Bals after that. I'm too scared too. They're fine on their own.

But you could go ahead and try it if you want, and let me know. Good luck.! :smile: