New to MBMJ help please!!!

MJ8798

Nov 24, 2012
Usually I'm in the LV and MK but recently ive
Been liking some of the MBMJ bags. I found one on CL for sale ($200) and was wondering if you ladies can help me out and let me know if this bag is real and if it's a good deal. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 443
Usually I'm in the LV and MK but recently ive
Been liking some of the MBMJ bags. I found one on CL for sale ($200) and was wondering if you ladies can help me out and let me know if this bag is real and if it's a good deal. Thanks

Hi and welcome!

That particular bag is actually a Marc Jacobs collection styled called the Multipocket, not Marc by Marc Jacobs :smile: It looks fine so far from that photo, but to authenticate it you would need photos of the zipperhead engraving, interior MJ label, and the season tag in the interior zip pocket lining. I can't recall which season that color was so it may not have a season tag, in which case the other two photos are fine.

Once you have those, you can post in the authentication thread here. Since it's on CL, if you're not able to get photos before purchasing, you could also compare the font engraving to this one. The lining may be different but it's the engraving you want to pay attention to. Good luck!

Thanks! I'm gonna ch it out in person and I asked if she could take a pic of maybe a date code or where it was made. Do you know if that style bags came with one? She said it didn't. Just wanna make sure

Thanks! I'm gonna ch it out in person and I asked if she could take a pic of maybe a date code or where it was made. Do you know if that style bags came with one? She said it didn't. Just wanna make sure
I'll be honest that when it comes to MPs, I tend not to remember many details off the top of my head since they were produced for several seasons. I want to say that she's likely correct and that this color pre-dates the use of season tags, and if so, it will be suede lined. MPs with canvas lining will have a season tag.

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and I need your help :smile: I think I'm in love with the MARC JACOBS CLASSIC Q GROOVEE SATCHEL ...and the baby version even more....but I noticed that these bags come in different colors every season, so I was curious, which season is the VIOLENT color? Thanks! :smile:

Hi everyone, I am also new to MBMJ / MJ forum. I have my eyes on the MBMJ little Ukita, but all department stores seem to only have the black available at this time. If I am lucky, I may find a cement on some online store. Does anyone know when they usually release new colors? Do they go by seasons? If so, I see that they have color blocks on the MJ website right now, does that mean that is it and there won't be any new solid colors for the fall season?? And when does the winter season usually come out? Thanks!!

Hi everyone, I am also new to MBMJ / MJ forum. I have my eyes on the MBMJ little Ukita, but all department stores seem to only have the black available at this time. If I am lucky, I may find a cement on some online store. Does anyone know when they usually release new colors? Do they go by seasons? If so, I see that they have color blocks on the MJ website right now, does that mean that is it and there won't be any new solid colors for the fall season?? And when does the winter season usually come out? Thanks!!
welcome!

i don't know the answers to any of those questions, sorry, but do you have an off 5th or nordstrom rack near you? might be worth checking out. i haven't been there for a few weeks, but the off 5th in san diego, mission valley will do charge sends and they had lots of citron yellow, electric blue, and violet little ukitas in stock. is there a particular color you're looking for?

welcome!

i don't know the answers to any of those questions, sorry, but do you have an off 5th or nordstrom rack near you? might be worth checking out. i haven't been there for a few weeks, but the off 5th in san diego, mission valley will do charge sends and they had lots of citron yellow, electric blue, and violet little ukitas in stock. is there a particular color you're looking for?
Thanks for the response! I would love to see the electric blue in person (is it like cobalt?), or look for something in the gray or brown color family...so possibly cement? What are your thoughts on the faded aluminum? I wish they had a light gray version. Anyway, I'm mainly looking for a bag that is good for traveling and everyday casual wear purposes...and since I have so many black bags already, I'm trying to find either a neutral color or something that will add a little pop to my wardrobe.

Thanks for the response! I would love to see the electric blue in person (is it like cobalt?), or look for something in the gray or brown color family...so possibly cement? What are your thoughts on the faded aluminum? I wish they had a light gray version. Anyway, I'm mainly looking for a bag that is good for traveling and everyday casual wear purposes...and since I have so many black bags already, I'm trying to find either a neutral color or something that will add a little pop to my wardrobe.
it's not quite cobalt. here's a photo of one i had
picture.php

faded aluminum has brown undertones, IIRC. gunmetal is a truer gray IMO, but it's more of a medium gray, not a light gray

picture.php

these were both at off 5th
album.php

Last edited:
it's not quite cobalt. here's a photo of one i had
picture.php

faded aluminum has brown undertones, IIRC. gunmetal is a truer gray IMO, but it's more of a medium gray, not a light gray

picture.php

these were both at off 5th
album.php
Thanks so much for posting the pics! Both colors look gorgeous...I would definitely prefer the gunmetal over faded aluminum. The closest Off 5th to me is the one in Orange, CA...gonna call them and see if they could tell me if they have the bag in stock or not. From your experiences, would Nordstrom Rack or Last Call have this bag too??

Thanks so much for posting the pics! Both colors look gorgeous...I would definitely prefer the gunmetal over faded aluminum. The closest Off 5th to me is the one in Orange, CA...gonna call them and see if they could tell me if they have the bag in stock or not. From your experiences, would Nordstrom Rack or Last Call have this bag too??
i never go to the last call near me so i'm not sure, but nordstrom rack might. the one near me usually has ukitas

i tried to find the receipt for you to look up the item number, but i can't find it, sorry. hopefully you get someone on the phone who knows what you're talking about :smile: good luck!

btw i'm not sure if the photos are color accurate, but here's a lighter gray from a trusted ebay seller
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARC-BY-MAR...Cloud-Grey-Gray-Bag-Satchel-New-/200889003712

i never go to the last call near me so i'm not sure, but nordstrom rack might. the one near me usually has ukitas

i tried to find the receipt for you to look up the item number, but i can't find it, sorry. hopefully you get someone on the phone who knows what you're talking about :smile: good luck!

btw i'm not sure if the photos are color accurate, but here's a lighter gray from a trusted ebay seller
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARC-BY-MAR...Cloud-Grey-Gray-Bag-Satchel-New-/200889003712
Stopped by Nordstrom Rack today (since I have one relatively close to my house) and they only had it in purple. Beautiful color but just not what I'm looking for right now. I did notice that the handle was quite stiff, which was something I've read on other threads in the forum. Can I ask if yours became less stiff after using it for some time? Anyway, I'm gonna try the Orange outlets later this week and hope at least one of those stores will have other colors available (crosses fingers)...

Stopped by Nordstrom Rack today (since I have one relatively close to my house) and they only had it in purple. Beautiful color but just not what I'm looking for right now. I did notice that the handle was quite stiff, which was something I've read on other threads in the forum. Can I ask if yours became less stiff after using it for some time? Anyway, I'm gonna try the Orange outlets later this week and hope at least one of those stores will have other colors available (crosses fingers)...
i didn't keep mine so i don't know what happens to the handles over time, sorry. if you start a new thread, someone might know. :smile: