New to LV

purse12345

Mar 2, 2010
Hi, I'm new to LV and I want to know everything I can about it from choosing to the different terms to maintaining it. I read in other threads about patina, what is patina? If I already know which bag I want, is there anything specific I should check to make sure there is nothing wrong with the bag when I get to the store? Do I need to spray anything on the bag before I use it? Please share with me all the basics and more that I need to know. Thanks in advance!!!!! :smile:

patina is the darkening of the vachetta leather. Vachetta leather in used on mono and azur trim and handles. Some people spray different products on it to protect it (it is untreated leather), but I don't I like it just as it is.

Welcome to TPF.

the montorgueil, neverfull, and totally. any opinions?

I just got a NF in Damier Ebene (it's the dark checkered pattern, just incase you're not completely sure) in the GM (the biggest) size, and I love it. I use it as a school bag and I only put my keys, cell, zippy coin purse (ZCP for short, and it's a compact wallet), and small agenda in the zipper pocket. If this bag is going to be your everyday purse, I would suggest the totally because it still has the look of a tote without being completely open. Good luck deciding and welcome to TPF!

the montorgueil, neverfull, and totally. any opinions?

We are full of opinions!

I have the Montorgueil GM and love it.

I have the Neverfull MM in Damier and love it too.

And the Totally reminds me of a diaper bag! But mind you, I reserve the right to change that opinion and who knows maybe tomorrow I will love that bag too!

welcome and you can look in the faq section about vachetta patina and spray. I spray mine with shining monkey, some people dont. Post a pic of your new bag and enjoy....