New To LV, would like your input!

greenes_girl

Jun 25, 2011
Hello everyone! I am mostly in the coach threads, with the occasional visit to Burberry and Chanel. I am considering my first Louis Vuitton, and would like to get your opinion on the brand, and the style of bag I am considering. I am slowly falling in love with the Louis Vuitton Blue Epi Leather Speedy 25 Bag. It would be a secondhand purchase, but still in great condition. So what do you think of the longevity of LV bags? Is it a good investment? What would you say to a newbie?

Hello! The Blue EPI Speedy 25 is a great investment. She will last you for years if you treat her with lots of love. I place all of my LV bags in their sleeper bag when not in use. This helps the bags last longer.

Lots of Luck! :P

It's definitely one of the best decisions I've made. I only have 1 LV. I've had it for 1 1/2 yrs and it still looks amazing! I do tend to baby mine. I only take her out when it's nice out and not raining. I've had way cheaper purses that started to fray after a 6-8 months. Not my LV! I love LV and the quality is amazing and worth the price. I want to buy 2 more this year if I'm able to. I would definitely recommend getting one. You won't regret it!

Just a warning :smile: I come over here from the Coach forum and since have purchased a pre-loved speedy 25, received a cles and a mini Pochette for Christmas and I already have others on my list!! Loving LV. You might not go back! Lol

Hello! The Blue EPI Speedy 25 is a great investment. She will last you for years if you treat her with lots of love. I place all of my LV bags in their sleeper bag when not in use. This helps the bags last longer.

Lots of Luck! :P

Thanks! I definitely would be putting her in her sleeper bag. Would you say that the speedy 25 will hold all of my essentials? I usually carry my Chanel sunnies in the case, a medium sized wallet, my keys and iphone, and a small-medium makeup bag. This bag seems to be able to hold it all, without being cramped.

greenes_girl said:
Thanks! I definitely would be putting her in her sleeper bag. Would you say that the speedy 25 will hold all of my essentials? I usually carry my Chanel sunnies in the case, a medium sized wallet, my keys and iphone, and a small-medium makeup bag. This bag seems to be able to hold it all, without being cramped.

She should be able to hold all of your essentials. No cramping. Your gonna love it.

Yes, you should be able to fit those items in the 25 without it being overloaded. The epi line is very durable, and understated. I think it would be an excellent choice!

Yes go for the epi speedy 25, since the speedy in epi leather are now discontinued. Epi leather is very durable and last for years, its a great choice. As you can see many epi speedy with colours comes from japan and aged for 10+ years and still looks excellent if use with care.

I came here from Coach as well and am getting ready to purchase my first LV, a DE GM Neverful, and then after that I want to get a DA same bag otherwise. It is a highly addictive forum, much like Coach, but right now I am feeling a little over Coach. I got the only bag on my wishlist this season, the crimson patent Lindsey, which I love and am getting plenty of use out of, but I am just not feeling anything else over there. The legacy line is beautiful but I am really feeling like a new tote now, and the Neverfull fits the bill. Classy, versatile, and I love both the DE &DA design. Addictive as this forum is, after my Neverfull dreams are fulfilled I am considering a Balenciaga, maybe this summer, if things go well. I really feel like branching out this year and just having an interesting and functional collection, and I think any good bag collection would include some LV.....it is just too classic to resist! I will always love Coach, and who knows what they will come up with in seasons to come.....that is part of the fun of Coach.....but right now I am on Coach hiatus.

you can't get blue epi speedy from the stores anymore and there are many fakes out there, it's difficult to differentiate from real ones.

i would rather buy from the stores. perhaps damier ebene speedy b? you can carry the bag in many ways.

just my 2 cents!

*~*Welcome to LV!! LV is definitely a good investment, and the quality is impeccable (I have had my DE Speedy for almost 2 years, and it still looks brand new). Good luck!!!*~*