New to Hermes.... What should I get? Calvi/mini dogon/mini bearn?

Bumbles

O.G.
May 27, 2009
Morning lovely ladies/Aloha,

Just wanted to get your advice on this first purchase in Hermes. I am usually a LV girl, but couldn't help but notice these lovely Hermes SLGs, and wanted to purchase one to add to my collection, and also as a souvenir of my lovely time on vacation in Hawaii now. I was wondering around the shops, and thought what the heck, let's go into Hermes to have a look. And boom,..... I feel in love with them. The colours they have here aren't the same as what we have back home. It seems there are more colour varieties. Is that correct in me saying, that from country to country, then colours might be more, or could be more exclusive and limited? I feel that back at home, the colours are black or beige, or grey, but here they are every colour of the rainbow. So I guess colours are exclusive to different colours, and I might not find the same colours back home?

I love the designs, colours and how compact and cute these items are. Am wondering if it is worth adding more to get the mini bearn, or is the dogon the more popular design? What is everyone's thoughts on this? Or would you recommend a different SLGs altogether, as an initial buy?

What is everyone's thought? I like the Calvi for the price point, and so many lovely colours, and it's cute to hold and fits nicely into the palm. But then I love the dogon, for the round buckle on the outside, but then love the design of the bearn and the H buckle as well. And the bonus is they all come in many colours. Ahh so many choices. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

I don't know about color exclusivity, but some say a rule of buying H is that if you see something you like, grab it, as you may not come across it again. I love my calvis, but the others nice as well. Perhaps one calvi and one small wallet?

Reactions: Hermezzy and leuleu

Just wanted to get your advice on this first purchase in Hermes. I am usually a LV girl, but couldn't help but notice these lovely Hermes SLGs, and wanted to purchase one to add to my collection, and also as a souvenir of my lovely time on vacation in Hawaii now. I was wondering around the shops, and thought what the heck, let's go into Hermes to have a look. And boom,..... I feel in love with them. The colours they have here aren't the same as what we have back home. It seems there are more colour varieties. Is that correct in me saying, that from country to country, then colours might be more, or could be more exclusive and limited? I feel that back at home, the colours are black or beige, or grey, but here they are every colour of the rainbow. So I guess colours are exclusive to different colours, and I might not find the same colours back home?

I love the designs, colours and how compact and cute these items are. Am wondering if it is worth adding more to get the mini bearn, or is the dogon the more popular design? What is everyone's thoughts on this? Or would you recommend a different SLGs altogether, as an initial buy?

What is everyone's thought? I like the Calvi for the price point, and so many lovely colours, and it's cute to hold and fits nicely into the palm. But then I love the dogon, for the round buckle on the outside, but then love the design of the bearn and the H buckle as well. And the bonus is they all come in many colours. Ahh so many choices. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Calvi, no hesitation. For me, the most practical SLG ever. Please, show us what you'll buy.

Reactions: fcny6 and Hermezzy
I don't know about color exclusivity, but some say a rule of buying H is that if you see something you like, grab it, as you may not come across it again. I love my calvis, but the others nice as well. Perhaps one calvi and one small wallet?
Thank you for your thoughts. And yes, I'm sure whatever I don't get now, I will eventually get later down the track as they are so beautiful. Lol..... Not that we ever need all of them right?

Thank you!

Aloha!! I am also on vacation in Hawaii! Last day for me though :sad:. I, too, was incredibly impressed with the colour selection here compared to my home country!! The SAs here are amazing. I purchased a mini bearn in gold with GHW and it is the best wallet I own. Going to do a huge reveal soon! I was also considering the calvi... but the bearn is extra special- and ugh the colours!! Good luck deciding and aloha :smile:!

Aloha!! I am also on vacation in Hawaii! Last day for me though :sad:. I, too, was incredibly impressed with the colour selection here compared to my home country!! The SAs here are amazing. I purchased a mini bearn in gold with GHW and it is the best wallet I own. Going to do a huge reveal soon! I was also considering the calvi... but the bearn is extra special- and ugh the colours!! Good luck deciding and aloha :smile:!
Congrats! I'm so happy to hear that you got a little something special from your vacation here as a memory too. I got another 2 days to make a decision, but love the colour selection here. Safe travels back home! Can't wait to see your reveal.

Thank you!
For small sizes I have Bastia coin purse, the Calvi and the mini bearn, I love them all to be honest by for price point and size fitting I think Calvi is the best and it does come in so many cute colors (mine is rose azelea).

Reactions: Bumbles

Thank you!
I would make sure I am completely satisfied with the Bearn and Dogon straps. Sometimes it might be difficult and annoying to keep playing with the strap when you're trying to pay for something. Also, will the strap wear out too quickly? I don't think it will, but constantly playing with it might make us believe so.