New to H - What to get?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello all - I am new to all things Hermes and was wondering what to get for my first H. I am a guy, in my 30s and like the idea of messenger bag/shoulder bag in leather. My budget is under 3000 pounds (under $4500). Will start to look at eBay see what they have.....

Any advice appreciated.

Ciao - Fern

2. i think a large garden party would be cool on a guy too

3. I believe that the men's messnger bags are still a little new so that budget might be difficult, but for $4500 you should definitely be able to get a new/almost new sac à dépêches from a reseller.

4. Thanks ladies - I have just quickly browsed eBay and I found a couple there that might be within my budget - I just posted my finds there. What do you think of Evelyne and Goodnews? I wish I knew what they would look like on a guy - as online purchases despite they might be less expensive but one cannot try them on and they are non refundable...

5. SInce I don;t know your style or height/coloring, but there are threads you can go to that the guys here have started or contributed to. . . Just as a starting point, how about a vintage TGM Evelyne - its the bag with a perforated H in a circle - I think TGM is the largest size. A lot of guys here seem to go for birkin 40 or HAC which I think is more than you want to spend, but try emailing sam @ haute Gallery, he used to have several very well priced. Hautegallery no longer has stuff up on ebay, but I think his email is sam@www.mrstroppo.com. (I am not affiliated with sam except as a satisfied customer who bought two very cheap evelynes). Also check out Linda's stuff; Ann's Fabulous Finds; akiko1120; notadqinnj; ysaito54; japandream7; sluxury and myampie. . . I think all of the above sell authentic, but if you find something you like, you can search for tpfer's feedback on the item and the seller.

I don;t know how a really big kelly would look on a guy, but with a canvas strap that might be another option -- best thing would be to ask a guy. . .

6. How much is a large garden party in leather? any pics of them (preferably action pics so I could see how it looks like?)

Thanks all

7. IIRC there was a men's runway show recently (less than 3 years ago) where one on the models carried a large evelyne...check men.style.com.

8. I think the large Evelyne would be great! :tup: Our store had one in Graphite on a male mannequin in the window and it looked fantastic!

The Garden Party in leather is around $2600 USD or so I think? Also really nice!

9. DH with his Goodnews GM - he absolutely loves it :heart:

Attached Files:

10. That is lovely ranag - thanks for posting. It is even the same colour as the one I found on eBay today :smile: Off to the stores now and will tell you a bit more later.

11. ^^^^
    Good luck! :smile: I hope you find something that you love! :heart: