New to Gucci

May 22, 2007
Hi everyone. I normally am over in Coach but I have a question for you Gucci gals/guys. I just purchased my 1st Gucci item, a wallet today at the boutique. For me it is the perfect wallet. It's not on the website as I looked. It's an Indy wallet style 181897. I will post pics in the morning. MY question for you guys is am I crazy to pay $600+ for a wallet? Even if it is the perfect one for me? I'm so second guessing my purchase but I LOVE her.

I know how you feel. I always second guess my self when I spend so much on a small item. But what matters in the end is that you love it and you know you'll enjoy using it.

Can't wait to see pics!

Here are pics...There are no scratches on it like the photo seems to show. It must have been a reflection when I took the photo....It's really gorgeous and the pics don't do it justice IMO. This wallet can hold so much and despite the price tag I am not afraid to use it. LOL

Before I decided on this one I had ordered several other wallets and none were perfect or I was afraid to use them cause I was afraid I'd scratch up the leather with my nails. I have no fears on this one and after sleeping on it I'm 95% sure its a keeper.

DaniellesmommyGucciIndywallet001.jpg
DaniellesmommyGucciIndywallet002.jpg

DaniellesmommyGucciIndywallet003.jpg
DaniellesmommyGucciIndywallet004.jpg

It's really pretty and looks like it is well organized. I can't make out the color though?! Does it hold a checkbook?

The fabric is the normal brown GG and the leather color is like a putty. Not too white, yet not too dark. No checkbook as even though I have always carried one I never write checks anymore. I can just tear off a couple & stick it in the wallet for those times I may need one (hair or nail appts.) I fell in LOVE with it and just assumed it was in the $400-$500 range. Of course the only one I liked in the whole boutique is the most expensive one. :faint: I had to give up a Coach bag to keep it but that's okay it is well worth it.

I like how it is a continental style wallet with a photo ID pocket. (Assuming that's what it is in the 4th picture.) There don't seem to be enough of those around. Though, IMO, $600+ is a bit much for a wallet that isn't leather on the outside as well.