New to Gucci

May 22, 2007
SoCal
Hi everyone. I normally am over in Coach but I have a question for you Gucci gals/guys. I just purchased my 1st Gucci item, a wallet today at the boutique. For me it is the perfect wallet. It's not on the website as I looked. It's an Indy wallet style 181897. I will post pics in the morning. MY question for you guys is am I crazy to pay $600+ for a wallet? Even if it is the perfect one for me? I'm so second guessing my purchase but I LOVE her.

queen.asli

Jul 4, 2007
Europe
if you want it - if you have the money - so why not - better to spend some more money for something you really like - so gooooooo for it :sunshine:

May 22, 2007
SoCal
Here are pics...There are no scratches on it like the photo seems to show. It must have been a reflection when I took the photo....It's really gorgeous and the pics don't do it justice IMO. This wallet can hold so much and despite the price tag I am not afraid to use it. LOL

Before I decided on this one I had ordered several other wallets and none were perfect or I was afraid to use them cause I was afraid I'd scratch up the leather with my nails. I have no fears on this one and after sleeping on it I'm 95% sure its a keeper.

bagdoll

O.G.
Feb 13, 2008
It's really pretty and looks like it is well organized. I can't make out the color though?! Does it hold a checkbook?

May 22, 2007
SoCal
It's really pretty and looks like it is well organized. I can't make out the color though?! Does it hold a checkbook?
The fabric is the normal brown GG and the leather color is like a putty. Not too white, yet not too dark. No checkbook as even though I have always carried one I never write checks anymore. I can just tear off a couple & stick it in the wallet for those times I may need one (hair or nail appts.) I fell in LOVE with it and just assumed it was in the $400-$500 range. Of course the only one I liked in the whole boutique is the most expensive one. :faint: I had to give up a Coach bag to keep it but that's okay it is well worth it.

Senbei

H-tastic!
O.G.
Dec 11, 2007
California or Somewhere in the Air
I like how it is a continental style wallet with a photo ID pocket. (Assuming that's what it is in the 4th picture.) There don't seem to be enough of those around. Though, IMO, $600+ is a bit much for a wallet that isn't leather on the outside as well.