New to Gucci - tell me about Guccissima

maxter

O.G.
Feb 5, 2006
I recently bought my first Gucci bag and now I think I am hooked! I was looking around the web a bit and saw "guccissima leather". I have a few questions and was wondering if anybody could help me out.

Is Guccissima leather really leather?? Or is it more like LV treated canvas. It is hard to tell from the pictures.

Thanks in advance.

Guccissima leather is real leather that is embossed with the GG logo. I looooove guccissima.

Treated canvas would be called GG Plus (similar to LV canvas).

Here are examples of guccissima...

Sorry first pic is blurry...
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Icon Bit Boston.JPG
    Icon Bit Boston.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 2,128
  • DSC01120-rs.JPG
    DSC01120-rs.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 2,074
flipchickmp - thank you for posting the pictures! Your Gucci collection looks amazing. I :heart: color also and think everyone should have a red bag. :smile:

papertiger - you are right. That red is spectacular!

OK - one more question.

How does the guccissima wear? Is it delicate like lambskin or more durable like a chanel caviar bag?

^It's pretty durable. My first gucci was the guccissima brown boston which I carried around quite a bit and it still looks great. Of course nothing is as durable as pebbled leather or coated canvas. Guccissima leather is really smooshy and looks really luxe too.

I agree flipchick has an amazing guccissima collection!

I would recommend to get dark color guccissima.. to prevent color transfer.. since I got lavendar guccissima bag.. that I got color transfer (jean) to clear on.. however I have no issues with my purple /black or brown. I would assume also no issues with red one as well!! I love guccissima.. it is really as smoothy and luxe as GhstDreamer described... you will love it!!

very durable...but for me...it wrinkles when i don't stuff it properly =.=

soft, squishy, comfortable and very lightweight in my opinion....

not as smooshy as prada leather though

^I live in Seattle and have been caught in the rain with my guccissima bags and haven't had any issues with waterspots or anything like that. But if the weather is really bad - I reach for my GG Plus totes.

Same here...the GG plus is great for crappy rainy weather in the pacific nw! It's very lowe maintenance and it's ok to get it wet. But of course I'll still try to wipe it dry as soon as possible. Guccissima leather just a whole different story...it feels so buttery and just scrumptious!!