New to Gucci! Assistance Please ;)

jayney

Bagaholic
Mar 28, 2006
I am fairly new to Gucci bags. I have a Guccissima but I decided I want a monogram one now.

I think I want this bag...Gucci - Classics handbags (the Jockey medium tote with horsebit).

What are the chances I could eventually get this under retail from the outlet during one of their semi annual sales?

What's the best way to go about it? Any advice would be great. I do realize that the next big sale at the outlets is in November? Is that correct? Should I eventually make contact with an SA at one of the outlets to see if they would assist me in getting this bag should it go on sale?

I unfortunately live miles and miles from any Gucci stores or boutiques.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks :biggrin:

I am not sure if the bag will go on sale because it is under the classic line and usually the classic line won't go on sale. But you can try ring them to get more info.

Supposely the classic line never do go on sale but I heard different things from friends that shops at Gucci and the Gucci outlets. I'd say call your local Gucci boutique and ask the SA and see what they say. It never hurts to ask! Good luck! And may I say it is a beautiful bag! ;)

I have a Britt bag that was listed in the classic collection but did go on sale. See my britt bag reveal post for a pic. It is a good starter bag if you like med. totes.

If it does go on sale in the outlets it won't be for a while (a year or two). If you're serious about the bag you might have to bite the bullet. Check out the outlets sooner- they might have a bag you like as much.

Thanks!

At least now I know it is not the classic bags that generally go on sale and perhaps I can look for something else.

Unfortunately I don't live within 150 miles of any Gucci stores. I guess I will just have to wait until I go out of town on business to check them out.

There is just no way I can afford to pay full retail price for a new bag. I think I will continue to look at other mono bags to see if there is something else I might like almost as well.

I really appreciate everyone's help. ;)

^Why don't you try the more seasonal monogram canvas bags? There are lots of great new Fall/Winter bags for this year. The seasonal bags will be the ones that go on sale/outlet - though not every one of them because some might be too popular and be gone by then or they become part of the classic line.

There are some like the canvas Sukey and the classic gg plus bostons that are way under 1K. So much more affordable without having to wait for a sale on a seasonal bag. Btw that medium jockey tote is a beautiful bag but it's not something I see going on sale at all or at least anytime soon.

Actually when I went back on the website to look at other options, I did like the look of the Sukey. I am also a sucker for tote bags and really like the crystal mix tote. However I have not seen this style IRL so I am not sure if I would like it as much. Is it like patent leather?

The bottom line is that I just love the Jockey. I would have to do some serious saving and rationalization to justify paying that much for a bag though.

For now I may just live in lust. :heart::love: