New to Givenchy,want some opinions :)

Ms.Qi

Jun 19, 2012
Hello ladies,I'm new to givenchy, I saw this bag, I think this style is called saffia? What do you ladies think about it? TIA :smile:

nq61qt.jpg

How big is it? It's kinda shaped like a duffel bag...if it costs as much as some of the other classic styles, I'd rather stick with those.

As randr21 mentioned, it looks like a cousin of a nightingale. Very apt description.
I'd add, that it looks like the nightingale's plain-looking cousin, however, lol!

In all honesty, if you like it, then you should get it. Have it authenticated first, though I doubt there are many fakes of this specific bag around.

May I ask a question, though? Are you buying this because the price is cheap? If so, I've learned that buying a cheap alternative will not eradicate the lust for the more expensive option. But, if this is what you want, and not an actual nightingale, then go for it and enjoy it in good health :biggrin:

If a nightingale is what you want instead, save the $500 you'd spend on this, give yourself sometime to do some more saving and take advantage of the next sale season to find yourself something closer to what you want.

*gosh, me and these long responses, sorry*

Good luck!

Aluxe said:
As randr21 mentioned, it looks like a cousin of a nightingale. Very apt description.
I'd add, that it looks like the nightingale's plain-looking cousin, however, lol!

In all honesty, if you like it, then you should get it. Have it authenticated first, though I doubt there are many fakes of this specific bag around.

May I ask a question, though? Are you buying this because the price is cheap? If so, I've learned that buying a cheap alternative will not eradicate the lust for the more expensive option. But, if this is what you want, and not an actual nightingale, then go for it and enjoy it in good health :biggrin:

If a nightingale is what you want instead, save the $500 you'd spend on this, give yourself sometime to do some more saving and take advantage of the next sale season to find yourself something closer to what you want.

*gosh, me and these long responses, sorry*

Good luck!

Thank you so much for the input :smile: no I wasn't looking to buy a nightingale but a nice bag from givenchy. I do like the bag when it's shaped like the second pic but not the first one it looks too stuffed. I thought the leather looks quite nice and price is good :P but I will look at the real pic first when she sends it before I pay for it. Thanks again Aluxe :biggrin:

I was actually quite surprised with the same bag having two different shapes...I guess it's due to the stuffing? :smile:

Attachments

• image-4151537695.jpg
    image-4151537695.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 152
  • image-2491493295.jpg
    image-2491493295.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 156