new to forum and need advice

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello Ladies :smile: - Have loved perusing the forum and I am hoping you all can help me choose the perfect "first" chanel.

Most of my bags are from Hermes - I have a Trim, 2 kellys(32 + 35 cm) and a 40 cm Birkin. As much as I love my Hermes bags - Chanel has been calling.

I have an 11 month old and it has been really difficult carrying anything besides the Trim as I feel the need to keep my hands free.

Here's my dilemna: I would like to get a classic flap and I love both the Baguette/East West bag and the Large Flap.

I don't need to carry that much in my bag (a little makeup, phone, credit cards and keys) and I want something that can go from day thru to evening. My choices are between the beige or black in caviar or lambskin.

Which size, leather and color do you think I should choose for ease of use, practicality and last but not least - which is the most timelessly chic?:girlsigh:

2. Hmm. a classic medium flap or jumbo flap, the e/w is very small IMO, also check the reference library, there's tons of pictures for you to get an idea of size and other diff. styles too. G/L:smile:

3. i would say the jumbo classic flap in black caviar goldhardware

4. I would get the medium/large caviar (more durable than lamb) flap. The chain on the east/west doesn't double up, so it's not as versatile.

5. I agree I'd get a black caviar flap in medium/large. I prefer silver hardware a little more than gold, but it just depends on what you like and what you think suits you best.

6. Welcome to the Chanel forum! :flowers:

I would say the Jumbo flap in caviar would be perfect. The E/W or medium flap would be too small for your needs, I think.

Beige and black are both wonderful neutral colors, you can't go wrong with either of them. The beige maybe gets a bit dirty more easily.

Good luck!

7. I would say med/large classic flap if you don't carry a lot of stuff; Jumbo Classic flap if you like to bring a small make up pouch and a wallet.
    Try it out at the boutique and you'll be able to make a decision.

8. ITA!

9. Just to be different, I'm going to suggest the medium classic flap in lambskin, because of that part about timeless chic and day-to-night. The east/west is a little small for everyday use, and the jumbo is a little big for evenings. Caviar is more durable, and if you want something to be very practical I would definitely advise that, but since you obviously want a chic, classic Chanel for evenings, too, I would advise the lambskin.

My pref is for silver H/W, but whatever fits in with the rest of your collection will work for you. Happy shopping!

10. med/large classic flap in black CAVIAR! Caviar is the very durable and verssatile, kind of like the Togo of Chanel... ;) I would say jumbo, but since you want something you can dress up for evening, AND you don't carry that much, the med/large would be a good size... jumbo is a great size, but can might be too big to transition to evening. Good luck!

11. I think the med/large classic flap in caviar will suit you just fine! =)

12. :yes: and you cnt go wrong with both beige or black caviar:tup: GL! and dnt forget to post pictures!

13. :heart:Thank you ladies - I think it will be the large (next size up from the medium) classic flap in black caviar with gh. I love the forum - everyone is so warm and helpful:flowers: