new to COACH

Welcome, I am new here as well. I am the proud owner of 2 coach bags, I bought one 2 weeks ago at the full priced store in the mall and one at the outlet this past weekend. As somebody else said this can/does become an addiction. Everyone here is so nice and you will learn everything you ever wanted to know about Coach and then some!

Can't wait to see what your first bag will be!

I am new to this forum.i go to the outlet every week and i can't find a particular bag.if someone has seen a small zoe berry patent handbag at an outlet store could you please reply here and let me know.i have seen them on ebay but too high in price.thanks!

Welcome!! :welcome2:

I was a lot like you---buying purses from tj maxx, elder beerman, etc but I found that I was spending $50-$60 each time and only carrying them for a couple of months. With that amount of money, I decided instead to save up and buy a real Coach. I carried my first one for 2 1/2 years! (and it still looks great btw!!). I found the purse forum here back in May and I have learned sooooooo much and I am so grateful for that! And I love seeing all of the reveals....fun!! I look forward to seeing what you decide on....

Welcome...

I am also a Matchy- Matchy type person... so I understand about the Wallet and Bag..

The Outlet has some amazing bags at great pricess...

Hello! Welcome! I am fairly new to Coach myself and already addicted. I have bought three bags and various other items like wallets and such since May. This is a great community of people with lots of knowledge so you will enjoy it here if you have questions and want to drool over some gorgeous bags! Post when you get a bag so we can all see!!

Welcome!! :welcome2:

I was a lot like you---buying purses from tj maxx, elder beerman, etc but I found that I was spending $50-$60 each time and only carrying them for a couple of months. With that amount of money, I decided instead to save up and buy a real Coach. I carried my first one for 2 1/2 years! (and it still looks great btw!!). I found the purse forum here back in May and I have learned sooooooo much and I am so grateful for that! And I love seeing all of the reveals....fun!! I look forward to seeing what you decide on....

Such a good point and exactly why I decided to go ahead and start buying Coach. I always felt guilty if I spent more than 60 on a bag but with a closet over flowing with bags 60 and under I thought this is silly. I could have had some really gorgeous Coach bags with all of this money! So I donated most of them and now I save up and buy Coach.

I am new to this forum.i go to the outlet every week and i can't find a particular bag.if someone has seen a small zoe berry patent handbag at an outlet store could you please reply here and let me know.i have seen them on ebay but too high in price.thanks!

nice to meet you, outletcrazy! :welcome:

if you post in the Coach shopping sub-forum, you may get more help than in OP's thread.

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-shopping/

GL finding your Zoe!

I was once a newbie :smile: just like many of our recent additions to the Coach subforum TPF gang here, and it may take some learning to get into the lingo and short words we use for certain things, but do some searching through the threads first before you ask, and it might help you keep down the number of questions you'll come up with (especially 'cause some of those questions someone else was bound to ask the same thing before you!).

We strive to be a helpful and welcoming bunch!

Welcome! I used to live in Lexington, so when you really want to drool, take a trip to the FP Coach store at Columbiana! The Dillards there also has Coach.

ohh thank you for the tip, i didn't even know there was a full price store there.

thank you everyone for the welcome, i've been a member of several forums through the years and i love ones that stay active with TRUE addicts of whatever my current obsession is ! i don't know why i had not thought of looking for a purse-addicts forum before :smile:

i can sometimes be rambly in my posts...but, more of my back story on how i ended up at the purse forum:

several weeks ago my boss came to a meeting with a new 'coach' bag. everyone was oohing and aahhing about it. i like my boss, and i'm certainly not a snooty person...but i thought it was really ugly and not something to be raving over. i figured everyone else in the room was kissing her @ss. my boss has been my boss for close to 19 years, so i can talk frankly to her. since i truly have known NOTHING about 'real' designer bags (i truly thought i was high ended enough with a liz claiborne or a nine west...yes now i know!...but i still LOVE the bags i have!) i asked my boss after the meeting what was so special about her bag. she explained that everyone thought it was a real coach, but she had ordered it online and it is a fake coach but she was not going to pay 200+ for a bag.

so i'm like...'but, it's kinda ugly...why even get a fake one just because it's less'. so she told me a little more about how everyone LOVES a coach bag. i guess my circle of friends have totally been in the dark, or just figured coach bags were unattainable.

i make trips to my outlet malls every couple of weeks (clothing and mac makeup shopaholic), so i finally went into the coach outlet (concord mills NC).....they handed me a 20%coupon but i didn't know what i was looking for, or what is a good price. now i so wish i had known what i wanted that day...but i'll get there. anyway after i looked at a few real ones, it's pretty obvious that my boss' bag is fakety faket fakest.

so a couple of weeks go by, and i see my boss carrying her Fauch, and the pleather straps are PEELING and stringy. i started picking off the loose strings and told her if she wanted someone to believe it's real that even i know there wouldn't be stringys peeling away from the straps. she's about to order another fake from online, and i explained to her my new found obsession with finally getting myself at least ONE real one. she insisted that hers looks like a real and 'everyone' has complimented her on it and believes it's real.

well....i'm snapping a pic of it to show y'all next week, i told her the experts here would know her fakeness a mile away.

i am entering into rambling length with my post now, but i just needed to share my path to my interest in coach bags. as with all things, i like some of the patterns and some are ugh. for all the years that i've had cute but low end bags, i've never wanted nor had a fake designer purse. i know they are everywhere, but i just always felt like if i have a fake that's supposed to be an expensive designer bag i'll be in situations just like my boss where everyone is grabbing your bag and asking how much it cost and if it's real and where you got it. i really like to take care of my things and keep them a while too, so i don't want a fall apart fake bag.

and just to be sure she doesnt read here and fire me:nuts: , i'm not bashing anyone for owning a fake...it's just not for me