New to Coach - Garnet Signature or leather a good choice?

winter21212

Oct 26, 2007
I finally purchased my first Coach handbag. It's the new Signature Garnet in Black with silver hardware. Of course now I'm second guessing myself and am wondering if I should have just gone ahead, spent more and purchased one in leather instead of the signature fabric.

Any ideas?

I have the purple Leather Garnet.. I like leather since they are easier to care for since I'm really hard on my bags and I have kids.. I cant afford a bag that can be easily be stain or damage by my little ones.. heheh

I'd say whatever you are going to like and wear is what is best. Some of us prefer leather more and some prefer siggy more. There is no right or wrong. So go with what you feel. If love the siggy then that is great!!! I have leather bags and siggy bags.

Anyway, congrats and definitely post some pics! I'd love to see your new lovely!!

I think if you stay longer on the Coach subforum, you're taste is going to change and you'll prefer all-leather more. I found that to be the case with most tPFers. I thought I would have a 50/50 split between siggy and leather and I find that my leather quota has increased over time.

If you're second guessing yourself and the tags haven't been snipped off yet (clear sign of 2nd guessing if the tags stay on), then go back and add a few more dollars and get the all leather. If you're really patient, then you can wait for it to go to the outlet and get it at a lower price--even lower than the signature version you have right now.

Good luck.

I agee with T-Girl the many of us perfer the Leather Bags but most of us have a least one Siggy bag..

I am looking for a siggy bag because I only own 3 and they are all small and I am into Large bags now..

The Garnet siggy bag is very beautiful and if you love it keep here..