New to Coach and need help please!

Which one, new to Coach but getting addicted!

• 1st pic - one from Outlet

• 2nd pic - Sig duffle

• Neither - always need other

Results are only viewable after voting.

slecompte

Sep 19, 2006
Ok so I finally got my first Coach purse in Sept and I think I am becoming addicted :yes:

Anyhow, I am looking for a tan color one now and I have it down between 2 I think. I bought one at the outlets, but am not so sure about it. It is a little wider then I wanted, color is fine. I like that the hardware is silver, not gold, but..I do not like that it doesn't have an outside pocket. I love that to put my phone in. Of course the price was good. This is the purse:

72212681.OqLuHjH0.webIMG_1117.JPG

My other option is this new one from Coach. It does have an outside pocket.

10402_BKHCA_d2.jpg

Which do you think I will like better over time? I like the 2nd one's size a tad better, the first one is just a little big I think. I used to carry one that size, but after my first small Coach purse I realize how nice it is not hauling the crap.

My husband said the first one is a grandma purse :rolleyes:

I know it is stupid I can't make up my mind, but I won't be getting another one for a while and I know you ladies know everything and anything abotu Coach and will give good advice!

Thanks!

Sheila

I don't know everything about Coach since I'm pretty new as well but I like the 2nd one better too. It looks more up-to-date than the first IMO. I have a thing for the dogleash clip though! LOL! Plus if you know that you want an outside pocket then you should get a bag with that feature so you'll be happier in the long run. And it's not stupid that you can't make up your mind. I go back and forth all the time because I want to love it, I want it to last me a long time and I can't be buying every single one that turns my head! Good luck and congrats on whichever you choose.

Well I am glad someone understands my important decision! Lol. That is it, my husband doesn't get the whole Coach purse thing anyhow, so what I buy has to be what I really want. The 2nd one will be about $100 more, but oh well. It want to go back to the Coach store to make sure there isn't anything else I would like, but I think the 2nd one is it really. Size, color, price, etc.

I do wish the second was silver hardware, however, to me silver and tan probably aren't the best combo, I am just not a gold person!

Thanks for giving me your opinion, I really do appreciate it!!

Sheila

It's funny you are asking this... I have a leather Coach duffle shaped like your #1. This one:
1417sfte-wduffblk_1.jpg

Then when the duffles like #2 came out, I had to have one.
1453blackduffle1.jpg

(I'm using the pics above as examples, my purchases came from the Coach store and are authentic, I have no idea if these are but they give you the idea)

I love the hardware on #2, the leather is perfect as always, but... The one shaped like #1 was easier to use. And I'm pretty minimalistic in what I carry inside my bags, but the #2 shaped one started getting on my nerves trying to get things in and out of it. So I am back to carrying my #1 shaped duffle again and am so much happier.

HTH.

i have a black duffle like the one above and I ADORE it, even with all my 'fancier' bags I carry this all the time (also have it in red signature with suede bottom from outlet)! I think its a nearly perfect bag. Therefore I voted for #2, think it will last the test of time!

Side note for anyone that likes # 2 bag, at my Macy's tonight, they had the dark brown trim leather for 25% off, it was only $171. If I wanted one more for winter I would have gotten it, but I want a lighter bag for Spring/Summer, so...sure was tempting though!

Thanks for all the feedback!!

Sheila

It's funny you are asking this... I have a leather Coach duffle shaped like your #1. This one:
1417sfte-wduffblk_1.jpg

Then when the duffles like #2 came out, I had to have one.
1453blackduffle1.jpg

(I'm using the pics above as examples, my purchases came from the Coach store and are authentic, I have no idea if these are but they give you the idea)

I love the hardware on #2, the leather is perfect as always, but... The one shaped like #1 was easier to use. And I'm pretty minimalistic in what I carry inside my bags, but the #2 shaped one started getting on my nerves trying to get things in and out of it. So I am back to carrying my #1 shaped duffle again and am so much happier.

HTH.
;) Lisa i have the same two the 1st i have it in the same color and the 2nd one i have it in the khaki.

Slecompte i say go with the second one it is one of their newest bags and i love the fact that it has a outside pocket.So you can put more stuff in it. I want that same one but in the chocolate.