New to CL forum: Need advice on first pair

Mittens34

Aug 18, 2007
I have been a member of TPF for a while now, but under the LV handbag forum. Unfortuantely, I'm also a shoe addict and I want to buy my first pair of CL's today. I wanted to see if I can get some advice from the experts on this forum. I can't decide between the Simple and Ron Ron's. Which are more comfortable and would be great for my first pair. I found some Ron Rons in the burgundy glitter and the Simple in Burgundy. I also feel in love with the Phython in Simple. I don't know if I want to spend over $800 for my first pair though. TIA

I vote for the SP.I'm in love with the them, also with the New Simple Pumps with the lower heels. I think they are the most comfy and classy heels ever and you can wear them with almost everything. Burgundy is also a very classy color and you can't do anything wrong with it.
But if you choose to spend more money, the Exotic (...like Python or Lizard) SP are amazing.
Let us know how it turns out:biggrin:!!!

It all comes down to your personal taste. I'm assuming the Simples aren't glitter in which case you might get more wear out of them, but I've seen the burgundy glitter ron rons in person, and they are a total show-stopper, dorothy in her ruby slipper kind of shoes.
As for the choice between styles, rilo is right. There's a lot of discussion about it on here that would help more than I could since I don't own ron rons! Also if you go through our reference library, I know there are ladies that have both, and for me the best way to tell is to see them on someone else's foot sometimes.
HTH! :smile:

Thanks so much for all of your great advice. I have also decided I like the Ron Rons more than the Simples too. I really wanted to buy some Ron Rons in the burgundy glitter I found on ebay this morning, but they only have them in size 40 or 41 and I need a 40.5. One of the sellers told me I should just purchase the Ron Rons Burgundy Glitter in size 41 and they might fit. I'm just afraid they will be too big. I wear size 9 to 9.5 in US shoes. I'm afraid if I don't buy them today I might not ever find the Ron Rons in the burgundy glitter again. If anyone knows where I can buy some in size 40.5 please let me know. Do you think I could strech the size 40? Thanks again for everyones expert opinions.

I am a US nine and have 4 pair of ron rons-all in 39.5 or 40. I think a 41 will be way too big. You most likely need a 40.5. The 40's might be too tight.