New to Chloe Marcie

balen.girl

IG : balengirl
O.G.
Aug 24, 2010
Hi everyone.. I don't have any Chloe bag, but lately i'm interested with Chloe marcie in medium with strap. My question is.. Is it heavy ? Compare to balenciaga reguler hardware or balenciaga giant hardware ? My friend told me this bag is heavy, but i read on ******, this bag is light weight.. I want to use it as my day bag.. Oh and should i get smooth leather or pebbled ? Appreciate all inputs. Thanks in advance.. :smile:

dottyback

Aug 7, 2011
Hi everyone.. I don't have any Chloe bag, but lately i'm interested with Chloe marcie in medium with strap. My question is.. Is it heavy ? Compare to balenciaga reguler hardware or balenciaga giant hardware ? My friend told me this bag is heavy, but i read on ******, this bag is light weight.. I want to use it as my day bag.. Oh and should i get smooth leather or pebbled ? Appreciate all inputs. Thanks in advance.. :smile:

Hi balen.girl

I don't own any Chloe bags yet but few weeks ago, when we were in Paris, my gf bought her first Marcie. Medium size in sunlight (i think that's what the SA said the colour is). I tried it myself and it is heavier than the Balenciaga City with giant hardware. It is also grained leather which I think is great for daily use. Thought I'll share a pic of that bag with you :smile:

Attachments

• Marcie.JPG
    Marcie.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 3,207

chylan

Sep 9, 2011
Hi Balen girl, i don't own a balenciaga yet :smile: but i have a chloe Marcie medium in plum with strap. bought it last year. i used it every other week with my Ipad, two cellphones, wallet, and my two card holder case. for me it's not heavy. i think it depends- what are you going to put inside your bag. and also i bring my marcie last june to turkey most of the time i use the strap because where always on the go. anyway just want to share, hope it can help :biggrin::

Nov 9, 2010
Hi I own 6 Bal bags 5 have the old discontinued Giant 21 hardware & 1 has the new mini 12 giant hardware & I can't say I've noticed my Marcie being heavier than my Bals but maybe you would be better to try them both out in a store..... The old giant is probably slightly heavier IMO but the new 12 giant maybe slightly lighter or about the same...... I own a smooth Marcie medium.

balen.girl

O.G.
Aug 24, 2010
Thank you for your input. I went to chloe this afternoon. I tried large and small with strap. I prefer large size. Not heavy at all. I think balenciaga with g21 hw is heavier. Now i'm confused between what color.. Maple leaf, blue or black ? Which size ? Large or small with strap ? I have baby, so do you think i need the strap ?

Rose71

O.G.
Dec 22, 2008
I think you get well with the large size. And the colour? Black goes with everything.;) Yes, I think with baby will be better when you will carry a crossbody bag. Go with strap. Good luck to decide

Nov 9, 2010
Definitely with strap especially as there will be times when you need to be hands free & black if you don't already but if your like me & have quite a few black bags then blue as the other colour might be a bit light & you might get colour transfer.

smally

O.G.
Feb 8, 2011
I have both medium cross body Marcie and several alexas. The Marcie will stand up to much more than the alexa IMO, the leather is much thicker and it is a more structured bag. Very similar in size but a slightly different shape, the marcie is taller.

Good luck in your decision.

balen.girl

O.G.
Aug 24, 2010
smally said:
I have both medium cross body Marcie and several alexas. The Marcie will stand up to much more than the alexa IMO, the leather is much thicker and it is a more structured bag. Very similar in size but a slightly different shape, the marcie is taller.

Good luck in your decision.

Thanks. Which one is your favourite between alexa and marcie ?

smally

O.G.
Feb 8, 2011
Thanks. Which one is your favourite between alexa and marcie ?

Oh that's a really difficult question. I see them as 2 totally different bags. I wear my alexa with the long strap about 99% of the time so I class that as a more casual bag whereas I like my Marcie on my shoulder and very rarely use the long strap.

What colour of alexa and Marcie are you choosing between?

lindylee

O.G.
Dec 16, 2007
I have Bal G21 and Marcie med with cross body. I actually like my Marcie more. I don't worry about it getting dinged up and I've loved having the cross body option which I never would have thought I would use. I have the Ash but am trying to decide on the royal blue next.