New to chanel!

sophietheen

crazy loves
Aug 6, 2009
hi everyone! i'm new to chanel and i'm loving them so much! the caviar skin i love!
im ready to purchase my first chanel, can you guys help me pick one!

i can't decide if i want a shopping tote, or the flap bags...i llike em big...but cant decide if i want a casual one, or a more dressy one!
and i love colors...not much of a black and white fan! :smile:

have always been a lv fan but chanel has been haunting my dreams lately!

help! :smile:

ps:// is it safe to buy from ebay? as the chanel in melbourne has so little choices....:sad:

xxx Please read our rules :idea:

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't go wrong with a classic flap in caviar. You can get the jumbo size if you need the space.
If you decide to buy from ebay, remember to get your bag authenticated in the authentication sub-forum!

Happy shopping!

I would go for a classic flap. I read somewhere that the ''05 red came out again, so that would be really bright.
On ebay are real bags, but most is fake, so beware!

ive been doing some research online and i really like this blue caviar classic flap bag...and its in bijoux strap...looks amazing...
anyone can tell me which year this one came out at? cause i went to the store in the city here in melbourne, they don have most of the colored bags...all in white and black and white and black llol

sophietheen, the blue flap with bijoux strap was from quite a few seasons ago I believe and of course , it wont be available in stores today.

I was just in the store today(melbourne) and there is a turquoise lambskin in large and black and fuchsia Maxi in stock. There is also the black caviar in jumbo with gold hw in stock(which I think is a great first bag and also grab them when you can as it's always low in stock ! Some girls had to wait for 2-3 months!!!).

Hope that helps. Dont be afraid to let me know if you need more help!

Welcome to the forum.
Personally, to decide whether to go flap/ tote, go to the chanel boutique and try them on. Best way to find out what you would like. Secondly, you can decide the style and then the colour.

thanks everyone for all the suggestions! yes, i did go to the chanel store and tried the flap and shopping tote bags. and there is a price difference between lambskin and caviar! i had no idea!
well, i will use it as an everyday bag...would you guys reckon caviar or lambskin?
i have personally decided on a classic flap!
now just to decide the skin type! :smile:
im a 5.3'' only....is jumbo too big for me? well, ive tried it out, i think its not too big for me, but my 3 frens were like "noooo wayyyy...too big!"
i couldnt be staying inside for 3 hours just to decide the size! help me out! :smile:
thanks!!!

hi again sophietheen, caviar is definitely a better choice for an everyday bag in my opinion as you dont have to baby it as much.

The jumbo isn't too big for your size !!! My sister who is a AU Size 6 and about 5ft 2.5inches looks really good with her jumbo !

You are lucky that the Melbourne store has the caviar jumbo in gold h/w (they did yesterday anyway) as I struggled to find one when I decided to take the plunge.

A big thumbs up for the caviar jumbo in gold from me!!!

Hello and welcome. If you haven't used lambskin bags before, I suggest the caviar. It's very durable. I'm 4'10" (4'11" if it's a good day and managed to get lots of sleep, some yoga and pilates workouts) and have worn jumbos. It's all about how you carry it.

Hello and welcome. If you haven't used lambskin bags before, I suggest the caviar. It's very durable. I'm 4'10" (4'11" if it's a good day and managed to get lots of sleep, some yoga and pilates workouts) and have worn jumbos. It's all about how you carry it.

I also woder about the lamskin or cavier, why is cavier a better choice than lambskin? the lambskin is a bit expensive, right?

thavasa, the caviar is less prone to superficial scratches because it is textured (pebbly) leather compared to the lambskin which is smooth and shiny in comparison.

Having said that, I find that lambskin gives the bag a tad more classy look due to its natural shine and texture :smile: