New to Chanel- some basic questions

EHK

May 8, 2020
Hi everyone
I finally decided to get a Chanel bag. After some research, I want to get black caviar leather Chanel Boy with a gold chain.
But Chanel's official site does not have one.
Is that mean Chanel doesn't make the same boy bags every year and rotate their designs?
Do Chanel stores carry older designs?
Do they make classic versions (black boy with gold) someday?
I know I'm asking basic questions, but I want to make sure before I start looking into second-hand bags
Thank you❤

Hi there and welcome! So the boy bag you are looking for is the most classic/ most sought after one. This does NOT mean that it's a super seller or you have to claw to get it from your SA, but it's in relatively high demand for the most part. It's doubtful that your SA will have any on hand, because typically those looking for A BOY will most often choose this combo.

That said, this combo does make the rotation, but not necessarily all that often. Sometimes the leather might be lamb or smooth calf or distressed calf, with shiny or aged gold, and of course then caviar. IF you can find one at a decent price preloved, that might be your best route. If you want to wait for the stores to get it, you will need to have your various SA from boutiques, Saks, Neimans, Nordstrom, BG, Jeffrey, Hirschleifer and The Webster give you lists of what is coming out for each season so you can reserve one (all of these places have different orders / allocations).

I hope this answers your question?

No expert but I recently bought a black caviar chevron boy bag with light gold tone hardware. The SA said that they received them right before the lockdown, so this season despite not being listed on their homepage.
I think the boutiques have a larger selection ☺️

I’m pretty sure the chevron boy is part of Chanel’s current season as they were among the pics of the latest drop that my SA sent to me.
F82F1E1A-B8CB-40E9-ADFB-F13247DB73F6.jpeg

Maybe check with the SA at your location and let them know to contact you if they have it in stock?

According to my SA the Boy in black is a standard item that is produced all year around in gold as well as ruthenium hardware, also in lamb and caviar leather so it shouldn‘t be that hard to get your hands on one.

When I got my Boy from the boutique, I just went in and asked for a black one in caviar leather, she showed me the small and medium size where she had both only in gold hardware and when I asked for a medium one in ruthenium hardware, she said I could just drop my phone number and they‘ll message me in max. 2 weeks time when a new one arrives. Literally like 5 days later she texted me saying they got one in the exact combo I want and she‘ll put it aside for me for 2 days

As stated above, just need to get in contact with a SA and see if they have one available. That combo is generally available . Like a previous poster mentioned, the type of gold or leather may be different but black with ghw is usually available. I would avoid lambskin for chanel boys due to the corner wear. Ive been buying chanel since 2011 and they've had that combo since 2012/2013 every year. It just depends on if they the store has it. Check the thread in the chanel shopping link for availabilities in boutiques. Some people post what's available at their chanel. Good luck!

Hi everyone,

I’m a new member and also new to Chanel. I’m looking at some preloved Chanel bags and was wondering if anyone would still authenticate a preloved bag if it comes with the authenticity card and certificate? Or as long as the seller provides the authenticity card, I should trust and be confident making the purchase.
Thank you!