New to Chanel! Question about availability in stores

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone!

I'm new to the website and to Chanel, and I'm looking to buy my first Chanel bag in a boutique in NYC when I visit in a few weeks.

I have a friend who recently purchased the Boy bag in the quilted pattern in black caviar, which is the bag that I'd like to purchase as well. But while browsing on the Chanel website, I noticed that this combo was not on the website. Would stores have different availability of bags (ie. not just the seasonal collections that are on the website, but also items that may be from previous seasons)?

Thanks!

2. Stores have a much bigger selection than what’s shown online. Best bet is to check out the Chanel Shopping forum and see if you can get a SA recommendation for NYC. There are several threads on that forum with SA info. You can always make contact with a SA right before your trip to see what they have in stock. Good luck and happy shopping!

3. I bought the same bag (OM black caviar with ruthenium hw) in bergdorf goodman 6 months ago. They had a good amount of stock. There are so many chanel boutiques in dept stores and stand alone within new york that i am sure you will find what you want!