New to Chanel Forum

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello everyone, I have been lurking on TPF for a while but this is my first ever post. I just bought two chanel bags, black matte reissue 227 shw and m/l black caviar ghw. I bought them before the price increase...:biggrin:

I am thinking about returning the caviar due to the issue of "glued leather strap" that has been discussed here. I am particularly concerned about a piece of leather peeling off. I already see some loose pieces of leather.....really disappointed with the quality. It seems that a strap in a larger classic flap is stitched, rather than glued. Any truth to that?

Did I make the right choice returning the caviar bag? BTW, I am keeping the reissue....loving it....so gorgy. I plan to return it on Thurs so if anyone is after a particular bag....PM me.

I enjoy the weath of information on TPF. Bag reveal to follow soon....:nuts:

2. Wow, U made right choice if this thinks happened with UR bag! Hope see UR reveal soon :smile:

3. can you show us pics?

btw, why not exchange to a better condition m/l? you have great 2 classic-firsts -- reissue + classic -- best of both worlds!

4. Purse-nality.....I do not have a camera atm but this is the thread that got me thinking

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/glued-leather-on-strap-the-norm-now-505283.html

Although mine is not that bad but I could see that happen in the future. Re: exchange for a better one, I am just afraid that it would still bother me since the leather is still glued together and not stitched.

5. ^i c... anyhow, when you go back to the store, you could request your SA to bring out a number of m/l's and check the straps. maybe, just maybe, they might have at least 1 brand-new piece that has the leather sewn together thru the chains...

regardless, i think you're making the right decision. for such a price tag, you should be 101% happy... return is best.

6. whats WOC?

7. WOC = Wallet On a Chain