New to Balenciaga! N so excited!!

DawnLuvsLouie

Oct 28, 2011
So next month I'm getting my first Balenciaga and I'm so excited!!! I decided I want the city with regular hardware.. But I have some questions... Should I go with a more neutral color like black or gray? Or a vibrant color? I'm not sure ... i want to be able to use it a lot but not over use it... Do Bal's have an issue with color transfer on the lighter color ones? Also does anyone treat the leather with anything? I have a Louie and I haven't treated the leather parts at all and I haven't treated my Marc Jacobs bags either but I know this leather is different way more swooshy from what I'm hearing.. So you guys tell me what u do because I'm clueless... Thanks !!!

Oh also I've watched a lot of YouTube videos and read a lot and I was wondering when I go to the store and buy it I remember someone saying the leather on each bag is different like some bags the leather is more smooth and on some it's more distressed... Is this true? If I see a few in the same color will the leather look different on each? I think I would prefer the smooth leather if that's possible but I don't want to look stupid asking a consultant that... Lol...

Imvho, it is always better to pick out your Bal in real life, especially if it is your first.
I love to feel the leathers, which are to me more important than the colours. I prefer the smosshy, distressed look, others prefer smoother bags. No 2 bags are ever the same.
Colour wise, black is a great choice, but it depends on your wardrobe and what you tend to wear the most. Enjoy your search!

Imvho, it is always better to pick out your Bal in real life, especially if it is your first.
I love to feel the leathers, which are to me more important than the colours. I prefer the smosshy, distressed look, others prefer smoother bags. No 2 bags are ever the same.
Colour wise, black is a great choice, but it depends on your wardrobe and what you tend to wear the most. Enjoy your search!

Thanks so much .. I'm def going to make the finally choice in the store I just want to go in there with an idea ya know.. I have never seen or felt a Bal in real life so I was under the impression the smooth ones are the swooshy ones.. So from u said its the distressed that are swooshy? Cuz I def want the swooshy puddly leather... : )

So next month I'm getting my first Balenciaga and I'm so excited!!! I decided I want the city with regular hardware.. But I have some questions... Should I go with a more neutral color like black or gray? Or a vibrant color? I'm not sure ... i want to be able to use it a lot but not over use it... Do Bal's have an issue with color transfer on the lighter color ones? Also does anyone treat the leather with anything? I have a Louie and I haven't treated the leather parts at all and I haven't treated my Marc Jacobs bags either but I know this leather is different way more swooshy from what I'm hearing.. So you guys tell me what u do because I'm clueless... Thanks !!!

I am trying my first Bal bag too! It's a lot of new bag info to learn..I bought a preloved bag from Yoogis that I will get on Monday and I'll post some pics.

Last edited:
my first bals are colourful and i tend to keep my colourful ones, i bought dark normal colours but sold it because i thought i can always find a nice black bag from every designer but not easy to find nice colours that i love from other designer

Hi are the black colors easily available in all balenciaga boutiques? Or do they sell out fast as well ? I haven't really seen a black one over at the boutique near me. They stock mainly the colored ones. Thinking of getting a black PT soon .

My very first bbag was a Bleu Roi work (it's a dark shade of blue). I decided against Black because I wanted something different yet wearable. I wear alot of neutral shades and I don't regret getting a non-black bbag at all. 3 years down the road and it's still working for me! Even though I have gotten a Black work with RGGH and a Coquelicot (bright red) city with regular hardware since. :biggrin:

Hi are the black colors easily available in all balenciaga boutiques? Or do they sell out fast as well ? I haven't really seen a black one over at the boutique near me. They stock mainly the colored ones. Thinking of getting a black PT soon .

Black should be easily available because it's a classic colour that appears every season but having said that, it is also one of the most popular colours especially for first time bbag owners (as evidenced in this thread). Do keep searching and I'm sure she will pop up soon enough! :graucho: