New to Bal! Please help with Velo color and leather?

I'm working on my impulse control, I swear!! I don't know what I was thinking wanting one of these bags for travel. I'm going back to my trusty ol Coach Rhyder 33.

The Bordeaux is a lovely shade, it's just not for me. It's going back but I'm giving this gp the pampered home it deserves [emoji16]

I think I'm hooked on B now though...

Reactions: Iamminda
After you have posted the 2 pictures here, i think Gris look better in that Velo's style, more rugged looking. The Hamilton look abit more 'prim and proper' to be in Velo style, i think more suitable in City instead. lol

Reactions: soonergirl
Hi all! I've always admired Bal bags but have never researched or even handled them (not available anywhere near where I live). Earlier today I was looking for a new bag for travel and ended up impulse buying a Velo from Yoogi's.

Here's the thing. The bag from Yoogi's was advertised and pictured as "dark red". I've since done some more looking and this bag is coquelicot, which (according to all other pictures) is a much brighter, tomato red than what I'd be interested in. I can't find any pics that show it as dark as Yoogi's did.

So... that led to a second impulse buy, in case the first didn't work out - a gris poivre from Fashionphile. This one is agneau where the other is chèvre.

Obviously I don't have either in my hands yet, but does anyone have any input on the true shade of the coquelicot color and/or can you tell me whether chèvre or agneau would be better for travel and things like stuffing under an airline seat? Any other advice for this ignorant (and impulsive) newbie is welcomed too! :smile:

View attachment 3646255 View attachment 3646256
Love the dark red colour as in the pic - the dark red might be more suitable travel wise and to keep under plane seats - I have a black velo and I loveeeee it! So light, so squishy, such a well-designed bag, and understated in its own way. Enjoy your first balenciaga, and let us know which one you choose to keep, congrats!

Congrats on getting your first Bbag (or Bbags). Both are so pretty and in great condition. But if you are not in love with the Bordeaux, perhaps you should return it and look for another Hamilton in a different color. And the other one is probably tougher than you think so maybe use that one as your travel bag on a trial basis and see see how it goes. Good luck deciding.
Agreed on the toughness, my velo has been squished in a stroller basket many, many times, Bals are amaaaaaazing! I want another one now, wahhh!

Love the dark red colour as in the pic - the dark red might be more suitable travel wise and to keep under plane seats - I have a black velo and I loveeeee it! So light, so squishy, such a well-designed bag, and understated in its own way. Enjoy your first balenciaga, and let us know which one you choose to keep, congrats!

I kept the GP. Returned the red to Yoogi's and it looks like it got snatched up almost as soon as it went back on the website. It's a gorgeous bag - I hope the new owner loves it!!!

After some pampering and protecting I just took the GP out for the first time. Other than the strap being too long it's perfect! I want more Bals now!!!!

IMG_1492368823.988391.jpg

Reactions: Iamminda
I had the Velo Burgundy (Bordeaux) Hamilton way back in the day. LOVE the Hamilton leather, but .. just didn't like the Velo style on me (when a bag keeps on slapping my upper thigh .. ah, NOPE .. not happening!). Bottom line, you gotta love your bag .. or it's just money (NOT) in the Bank!