New to Bal... Please help me decide

Datrophywife

May 22, 2012
Hello to all... I am usually on the LV posts, but I'm looking to branch out.
I am really in the market for a black all leather shoulder bag which is why I am considering the classic city with regular hardware. I am hoping to buy new at the Balenciaga Soho store. Please helpe decide between black or the coal color anthracite???? Can anyone share pics ? Thanks

I don't have pics of these but I think if you went to the reference section you could find them. Or to the clubhouse section under GREY. It would be tuff to decide between the two. All I can say is that I almost never carry my Black City but carry my Grey City (not anthracite though) a lot.

maxxout said:
I don't have pics of these but I think if you went to the reference section you could find them. Or to the clubhouse section under GREY. It would be tuff to decide between the two. All I can say is that I almost never carry my Black City but carry my Grey City (not anthracite though) a lot.

Ok thanks... I will have a look for some photos.... I think the anthracite might be more neutral & easier to wear throughout the seasons... Mind you I am on the market for a black bag, but something is soo appealing about the grey.

I am planning to get my 1st bal bag too. But dont know which to choose. Balenciaga part time rose gold giant 12 in black or city pinkish color with silver giant 12?? Please help!!!!!

Bisoux78 said:
If you do get a black Bal, I highly suggest getting it with gold hardware. The regular hardware kind of dulls the bag (in my opinion).

The hardware will be another hard choice... I just can't decide...
What's the deal with the bag fading ? I know it should look vintage but does the color of the bag become more dull with time ?

I think I will go with the classic regular hardware for my first one... However I am still confused about the colors black or anthracite ?

I really can't decide. Does the leather fade? Will color begin to look washed out with use ?

I have none of my Bals fading.
I have a city RGGh in black and Velo Anthra GGH.
Both colours are stunning.
If you are able to go to a store and see both colours irl, you will choose what you like the most. Bal is all about leathers and colours!

Loveheart said:
I have none of my Bals fading.
I have a city RGGh in black and Velo Anthra GGH.
Both colours are stunning.
If you are able to go to a store and see both colours irl, you will choose what you like the most. Bal is all about leathers and colours!

Thank you! I was concerned about fading, so that's good to know.

I actually went to my local Neiman Marcus today & they didn't have the 2013 spring colors out yet, which seemed odd.

i am also deciding on my first bal and i can't decide between black and anthracite! i've read from several threads that anthracite has green/blue undertones which are shown in some lights. i personally don't think i'll like the undertones very much as i'm a very neutral person. leaning towards black or gris tarmac which is newer and less common... can't decide!! let me know what you decide... good luck!!