new to bal need some advice

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. hi ya

i have popped over here a couple of times. but now after coming to terms with my chloes just being to heavy for me, i am think about getting a bal!

serious this time lol!

what would you recommend for a first time bag, i dont want anything to big are small!

and what colours are good, im after something dark, black blue, purple.

i have no idea what i am looking at or for in the reference threads so please help!!

2. Haha, i see ya! I swear there's so much to learn after Chloe but there's plenty of good stuff around here and the colours are amazing - sure someone will be along with some help soon! :smile:

3. dam ive been caught lol!!!

4. #4 Jan 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
    Hello BMB!!! It's Muggles!!!! I have a Day which is large and light and comfy! I want a City!! But I think I like the Day because she isn't fussy with a lot of handles and straps!! Surf around here and you will find out lots of stuff and you will get hooked! Congrats and good luck!

My suggestion would be a leather color that doesn't show dirt! My first purchase was too light and I wasn't happy with her!

5. OMG ive been seen by another chloe gal!! im going to get a real telling off!

thanks for advice muggles! theres so much here im not sure where to start!

6. Hi BMB, in my opinion the City is the perfect size. Not too big, not too small. Off course after that you can always get a First or a Day or a Work or a ... ok, I'll stop. But really, the City is perfect. I'm soo in love with mine.

I have a few Mulberry bags myself (as do you if I'm not mistaken) and they can be pretty heavy, especially my Bays. So I can tell you, switching to Bal ... you're going to love how light they are.

7. wheres the best place to find one for a good price, im usually a bit of a ebay and bonanzle queen, like a good deal!
    will i be able to pick one up this way?

8. Hey sweetie! Got my first 2 from ebay!! Just have to watch and get one that hasn't got dirty handles!! That can happen with light color leather bags!

9. ok thanks hun, im going to take a look on ebay....

10. The City with Regular Hardware is a nice first bag - lightweight, easy to use, neither too small nor too large.

11. cook ok so i feel a city may be on the cards!

12. WELCOME TO BAL! THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING OF A LONG, LONG RELATIONSHIP! I HAVE ONLY 2 CHLOE'S LEFT! GOT SO ADDICTED TO THESE THAT WAS ALL I WANTED TO CARRY!
    I WOULD SAY THE CITY IS A GOOD CHOICE FOR A FIRST BAL BAG.

:welcome2:

13. thankyou x ^

14. WARNING... Be careful once you're in it's hard to get out... I suggest you start w/ the City. For color, you can never go wrong w/ Black, w/ leather try to look for Chevre. Also don't forget to check the reference library on color & style. I'm sure it will guide you to you first Bbag.

15. Like everyone says here bbags are an obsession! i started out with chloes and after my first bbag i sold all of paddies to fund for more bags. i would say city is a first choice. its a medium size bag, can fit a lots. there are loads of colours to pick but i think your first bag should be something neutral. the reference library should be a great help in terms of finding out the styles, type of hardware and maybe the leather preferenes you would prefer.