New to Bal - need help with style to choose, please!

xokarmaxo

O.G.
Dec 30, 2008
I am new to this forum and have been lurking and drooling over all of the reveals. I can't believe that I never checked these bags out before now!

I have decided to buy my first bbag, but need help with choosing which style bag to get. I love the SGH. As for the style of bag, I've thought about either the Part Time, City or Work.

Can someone help me understand the differences in the Part Time and City? I would like the style I choose to have a strap, but don't ever plan to wear it crossbody. I'd like to get a strapped bag in the biggest size possible. Would this be the Part Time, or City?

The colors I am looking for would be Sorbet, Outremer (I know it will be hard to find) and Galet.

Can someone help me out? Thanking you in advance for your time.

the part time would be a bit bigger because of the rectangular style while the city has more of a squarish style...the part time can also be worn crossbody if u refer to some of the mod pics...

i prefer the city because the giant hardware on the city is already quite heavy for me... i dont own a part time but i heard the part time with giant hardware is much heavier than the giant city so u have take that into consideration..

i think sorbet and outremer would be easier to find than galet cus these are 2010 colours..

I think a part time would suit your needs well. It is the biggest bag that has a strap, but the strap isn't really really long. You can wear it cross body but there are better crossbody straps than the part time. It is very similar to the city which is the most common bbag seen. But it is bigger. It depends on what you carry. I can fit my stuff in a city but would like some extra room. I have a work that I love but wish it had a strap. My next bag is going to be a part time!!!

same response as above. i was reading about the city and parttime before purchasing and i read that the part time is about 2 times heavier than the city (i dont know why) also the city is slightly smaller horizontally and slightly taller vertically in comparison to the part time, not sure if you understand what tt means. mainly city is more sq and pt is more rect. hahaha apparently part time can put alot more things? but things tend to 'get lost' in the sides. hahaha. and i think its still possible to find outremer cities. (my sister just bought one last week) part times are easy to find on bonanzle. sorbert is nice! but IMO abit hard t match? and i think galet is harder to find. hope my advice/info helps. im also a newbie but i have been researching alot

Thanks so much for the responses! :hugs:

I am leaning towards the Part Time, but was just a little worried about the strap size? Like I said, I'd never wear it crossbody, so was wondering if the strap was a short enough one where it wouldn't look too long off the shoulder. I'll look at more pictures. Okay, so the City, I have ruled out.

I absolutely love the Work bag, but wished it had a strap. :smile:

Thanks again for your help!!