New Timeless Clutch with Chain: issue??

wintotty

O.G.
Jan 24, 2006
I just got the pale gold Timeless Clutch with chain (pictured here). I love the color, and it is a very pretty piece.....but I'm little concerned about how the chain is attached to the bag. Chain is attached to small leather loop thing, and not sure how well it holds up. And also chain coming out from the inside, it seems to rub the side of the flap all the time....and when I have my usual stuff (wallet, keys, phone, l/s) in the bag, because of the weight I can see the crease forming on the flap. I've only tried it out in a house, walking around my stuff in it, and already worried. Are there anyone who has the same issues/worries? I started to feel like maybe I should exchange it to chain around messenger......your thoughts??

IMG_2034.jpg

That's also my concern. When I asked the SA, she said she hadn't heard any complains yet. I'd like to hear what other members opinion here. Thanks for creating this thread.
By the way, your pale gold flap is stunning.

I haven't had any issues with my brown caviar Timeless Classic new clutch/flap bag. However, I always ensure that the bag isn't overloaded with things. I also keep double checking the side flaps to ensure that the chain isn't causing any damage to them.

Well to be hostest i used to like this flap a lot and was planning on getting one for myself...but the one thing that was holding me back was exactly the issue you are reffering to!It seems to me like an accident waiting to happen...:shame:If i were you i would return it asap. Have you thought about the ITB flap?Its nice and has a great price point or maybe the chain around flap?
I know it looks stunning, it really does, but something tells me that since you are having this thoughts already you are gonna regret not taking the bag back soon enough...
JMHO tho:smile:

I just got the pale gold Timeless Clutch with chain (pictured here). I love the color, and it is a very pretty piece.....but I'm little concerned about how the chain is attached to the bag. Chain is attached to small leather loop thing, and not sure how well it holds up. And also chain coming out from the inside, it seems to rub the side of the flap all the time....and when I have my usual stuff (wallet, keys, phone, l/s) in the bag, because of the weight I can see the crease forming on the flap. I've only tried it out in a house, walking around my stuff in it, and already worried. Are there anyone who has the same issues/worries? I started to feel like maybe I should exchange it to chain around messenger......your thoughts??

IMG_2034.jpg
What a beautiful bag! But your concerns sound like the same issues that I'd worry about. If I love a bag that needs to be "babied" a little and I don't plan to beat it up everyday, I'll buy it. I've been admiring this bag thinking about buying it, but your post has helped me decide that it won't be an everyday bag for me, just an occasional one. Thanks for sharing & good luck with your decision because it really is a beautiful bag.

i just got exact the same. the color is pretty and elegant. i don't think this bag meant to be wore daily. so I won't be too concern about the strap, color transfer, crease etc. this bag is more for night out or special occasion. :smile:
if this color for mini flap, then I would worry because mini flap has long strap and the color transfer with jeans for light color bag will be unavoidable.
I would say, keep it OP! its getting hard to get one now! lots of dept stores sold out. :smile:

First of all, congrats on your beautiful clutch flap bag! I have the first season clutch flap bag in patent leather and was using it pretty frequently (3x a week) for at least a couple of months. I see no problem with the chain hitting the inner flap but when I do overstuff it, the fold of the flap creases. I try to not overload the bag and it's been fine. I was able to fit my long wallet, phone keys, and a small cosmetic pouch in it. :smile:

I saw this bag in person and that was my exact concern too. The loops holding the straps were very thin and I could not get comfortable that they wouldn't eventually get pulled out by the weight of the bag. Plus the strap was sort of short on me. I was considering the black which would have gotten much more use-- I can see the gold being used for special occasions and therefore not used very often, then it will be fine. I guess it depends what kind of bag you are looking for! It is very elegant looking and the price point can't be beat.

I'm not a special occasion/night out kind of a person anymore....I'm leaning towards returning the bag, it's too bad because it really is a pretty bag but not for me...

Yea I think we are all concerned about that but Chanel doesn't seem to be. They are making it the same way season after season. Also isn't the WOC like this but no one seems to have problems with their WOCS? but I guess they don't fit as much either.

I have this bag and take it out for dinners and have not had any problems. I just use it a few hours at a time . Also I alternate using the chain and not using the chain.

Since you got it in gold I am assuming it's not your everyday bag. Probably for weddings, parties, nights out. Usually at those times you won't be carrying much so you should be fine. If you are going to use it as an everyday bag I would encourage you to exchange for something else.