New Things I Found Today

loveclemence

Now Loving Fjord
Dec 15, 2008
1. Apparently not all H leather parts are hand made, even on the Birkin. Pockets, straps are made by machine. Having said that, humans have to co-ordinate this machine to make the parts.

2. ID stamp on bags are not always representative of craftsman's unique ID, but it could also be which department/which floor the bag is made. For example, I asked my SA why I have two bags that have the same exact stamp and she told me because they were made on the same floor/department.

3. Some new exciting colours are born but not yet revealed. But it was assured that the new colours are Autumn/Winter colours and more masculine/subdued.

4. Apparently London prices despite the price increase are still cheaper than Paris at the current currency exchange rate.

5. Apres Le Mousson Body mist is no longer in production :sad:

1. Apparently not all H leather parts are hand made, even on the Birkin. Pockets, straps are made by machine. Having said that, humans have to co-ordinate this machine to make the parts.

2. ID stamp on bags are not always representative of craftsman's unique ID, but it could also be which department/which floor the bag is made. For example, I asked my SA why I have two bags that have the same exact stamp and she told me because they were made on the same floor/department.

3. Some new exciting colours are born but not yet revealed. But it was assured that the new colours are Autumn/Winter colours and more masculine/subdued.

4. Apparently London prices despite the price increase are still cheaper than Paris at the current currency exchange rate.

5. Apres Le Mousson Body mist is no longer in production :sad:

Where did you learn this? Maybe this Youtube video will explain otherwise.....my SA has also told me that a machine never goes near a Birkin.

Every so often one of these threads pops up and it simply is not the case

I dont care if robocop made my birkins, I just love them, when or if that feeling changes...thats a different matter.

I did read in deluxe that all of the birkins are made by hand apart from the inside pocket. I can live with that.Lol!

Here to protect the innocent and make Birkins

Robocop.jpg

well imagine a chanel suit. fabric woven on machines; cut by a machine and by hand when necessary, sewn on a sewing machine guided by a hand or hands, partially finished by hand-lining, chain, the special trims and --the buttons are machine made............in this day and age for something of this complexity to be truly and completely hand made is not only impossible but impractical.

sorry if i upset you mooks but i was just informed by the artisan today when I had my bag polished up. There is no way everything is done by hand without any help from a machine. Even some bags these days are stamped according to which departments they are made instead of craftsman's unique own ID. I do however trust this lady artisan who has done wonders for my bags thus far and she is one of the friendliest H employees I have ever met in the world :smile:

Not upset me but I do wonder why my H SA would say they were made entirely made by hand if they are not.....

Which H store was this at?

transcendent1.....Robocop says he'll get onto it m'am!!

^^ It's not an SA who told me, but a H leather artisan who will sadly be leaving London for Shanghai very soon :sad:

When I spoke to an SA a while ago, yes she did tell me things were made entirely by hand.