New Things I Found Today

loveclemence

Now Loving Fjord
Dec 15, 2008
London
1. Apparently not all H leather parts are hand made, even on the Birkin. Pockets, straps are made by machine. Having said that, humans have to co-ordinate this machine to make the parts.

2. ID stamp on bags are not always representative of craftsman's unique ID, but it could also be which department/which floor the bag is made. For example, I asked my SA why I have two bags that have the same exact stamp and she told me because they were made on the same floor/department.

3. Some new exciting colours are born but not yet revealed. But it was assured that the new colours are Autumn/Winter colours and more masculine/subdued.

4. Apparently London prices despite the price increase are still cheaper than Paris at the current currency exchange rate.

5. Apres Le Mousson Body mist is no longer in production :sad:

umamanikam

O.G.
Aug 14, 2006
UK
My SA also told me that cutting on all except exotics are made by machine and only the straps and some other parts are stitched by hand

mooks

May 4, 2007
1. Apparently not all H leather parts are hand made, even on the Birkin. Pockets, straps are made by machine. Having said that, humans have to co-ordinate this machine to make the parts.

2. ID stamp on bags are not always representative of craftsman's unique ID, but it could also be which department/which floor the bag is made. For example, I asked my SA why I have two bags that have the same exact stamp and she told me because they were made on the same floor/department.

3. Some new exciting colours are born but not yet revealed. But it was assured that the new colours are Autumn/Winter colours and more masculine/subdued.

4. Apparently London prices despite the price increase are still cheaper than Paris at the current currency exchange rate.

5. Apres Le Mousson Body mist is no longer in production :sad:
Where did you learn this? Maybe this Youtube video will explain otherwise.....my SA has also told me that a machine never goes near a Birkin.

Every so often one of these threads pops up and it simply is not the case

mooks

May 4, 2007
My SA also told me that cutting on all except exotics are made by machine and only the straps and some other parts are stitched by hand
The cutting of the skins may well be by machine to maintain uniformity but the actual construction is entirely by hand

Sammyjoe

O.G.
Apr 19, 2007
London UK
I dont care if robocop made my birkins, I just love them, when or if that feeling changes...thats a different matter.

I did read in deluxe that all of the birkins are made by hand apart from the inside pocket. I can live with that.Lol!

May 6, 2007
well imagine a chanel suit. fabric woven on machines; cut by a machine and by hand when necessary, sewn on a sewing machine guided by a hand or hands, partially finished by hand-lining, chain, the special trims and --the buttons are machine made............in this day and age for something of this complexity to be truly and completely hand made is not only impossible but impractical.

Sep 12, 2007
Dear Robocop

I know you're busy with saving innocent civilians and all, but can you please hurry up with my SO lest I stray and buy a totally unrelated bag as a filler?

:heart:

t1

Last edited:

loveclemence

Now Loving Fjord
Dec 15, 2008
London
sorry if i upset you mooks but i was just informed by the artisan today when I had my bag polished up. There is no way everything is done by hand without any help from a machine. Even some bags these days are stamped according to which departments they are made instead of craftsman's unique own ID. I do however trust this lady artisan who has done wonders for my bags thus far and she is one of the friendliest H employees I have ever met in the world :smile:

mooks

May 4, 2007
Not upset me but I do wonder why my H SA would say they were made entirely made by hand if they are not.....

Which H store was this at?

transcendent1.....Robocop says he'll get onto it m'am!!

loveclemence

Now Loving Fjord
Dec 15, 2008
London
^^ It's not an SA who told me, but a H leather artisan who will sadly be leaving London for Shanghai very soon :sad:

When I spoke to an SA a while ago, yes she did tell me things were made entirely by hand.