New tenant welcome basket?

Jan 20, 2008
We are renting out our house and wanted to give the new tenant a welcome basket. I was thinking of getting a laundry basket and filling it with toilet paper, hand soap, dishwasher detergent, sponges, dish soap, some kitchen towels, water and snacks. Is there something else that would be good to put in the basket that I'm missing and is the basket a good idea to give at all?

that's really really thoughtful :smile: Menus of restaurants in the area is a great idea. If I was your new tenant, I'd be thrilled with that gift basket you already made - I think it's perfect!

That is so sweet! I don't have any further suggestions. Yours are all good - they're things that you'd need right away but might not be able to find in whatever box you stuffed it in! And take-out menus from goods restaurants are nice, too.

That is really so sweet....

I would maybe add toothbrush & toothpaste. But it sounds like a lovely basket already!
The menus for surrounding restaurants is definitely a good idea.

You are an awesome landlord!

How about:

-phone books
-a magazine of local interests/activities

Other than that, I think you have the basics covered. It's the little things that count, yes? :heart:

How about a list of local businesses, such as doctors, dentists, grocery stores, car repair etc. I moved 6 times and I wish I'd had a recommended list of reliable people in the area.

Mahina - I have 4 phone books ready for them...great idea
JNH14 - I don't know about Dr's/Dentists but I'll def. make up a list of local grocery stores and such...we live by a major hwy that is jam packed with great stores.
Boomie - that's a great idea but those book really do cost $$$$

Thanks for the suggestions...keep them coming... I have until the end of the month to put it together :smile:

box cutter (^(oo)^)v

when i first moved into my place, I had to open all of my boxes with keys (>(oo)<)`

also one of those little hand-crank flashlights & other disaster preparedness items, like a basic first aid kit, maybe - especially some aspirin or tylenol, to relieve soreness from lifting & unpacking lots of boxes!

although I must say the best move-in day I ever had was when I discovered a refreshing six-pack of beers chilling in the fridge, awaiting consumption by a thirsty little piggy! (^(oo)^)

I think that's a great idea. Personally, I would take out some cleaning products and add some different products. I am a landlord and I have been a tenant and cleaning products , to some tenants, might be insulting? Candles and take-out menus are a great idea. Also, I know there is a local coupon book in my area that is sold as a fundraiser and offers amazing local discounts, maybe something like that? Good luck!