new style and thoughts

Feb 8, 2007
hi all,
yesterday i got an mmk bag that i've been looking at for a few weeks...it's a new one for them in the astor collection...it's a satchel with a domed top (same shape as the ysl muse) and has a longer strap and the double handles....i really like the bag a lot, but, my only concern about it is that it cost 448 and i don't want to see it ending up in tj or marshall's at the end of the season...the color is beautiful, mk's signature luggage and i love the shape and detailing...would love some thoughts/opinions about ending up at a discount at other stores...
thanks!

vwsecret

O.G.
Feb 23, 2008
hi all,
yesterday i got an mmk bag that i've been looking at for a few weeks...it's a new one for them in the astor collection...it's a satchel with a domed top (same shape as the ysl muse) and has a longer strap and the double handles....i really like the bag a lot, but, my only concern about it is that it cost 448 and i don't want to see it ending up in tj or marshall's at the end of the season...the color is beautiful, mk's signature luggage and i love the shape and detailing...would love some thoughts/opinions about ending up at a discount at other stores..
thanks!

I am big fan of the Up Town Astor :yahoo:, and I'm just waiting to purchase this one in the "persimmon suede". Song of the Sea, can you post a picture of the one you purchased. You have a point, I've noticed several Astors this week at my local Marshalls and TJMaxx. I purchased the Astor satchel in the "luggage" color a couple of weeks ago from a MK Outlet for about $210 and walked into TJMaxx and saw it there for $179.99 and $199.99, TJMaxx had more of a selection of the Astor bag then the Outlet.:shucks:

Attachments

• Astor Persimmon suede.jpg
    Astor Persimmon suede.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 176
  • Astor1.jpg
    Astor1.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 173
Feb 8, 2007
hey vwsecret,
thanks for the response! i actually ended up returning the bag for a couple of reasons...the first was that the pebbling of the leather was so big that it looked like cellulite...i have enough on my thighs, thank you very much, that i didn't want a bag with it...
the second thing is that i really don't want to see a bag that i spend 448.00 on to end up at tjmaxx or marshall's...that's a lot of money to spend on a bag and to then find it so discounted, i personally get upset...
i also don't like buying at the mk lifestyle stores anymore...i think that the return policies at stores like bloomindales and nordstrom's are much more liberal and i can take my time thinking about whether to keep or return...today when i brought the bag back (after buying it on monday) i got asked about 8343430923 questions....
that all being said, i do love mk and mmk bags and will continue to purchase them, i think i'm just going to be 100% sure before i do next time...
hth...
sots