New studs!

Susan7639

Jun 12, 2011
Hello ladies! I am a new member seeking advice. Currently I have on hold two .9 ct
VVS1 F "A Cut Above" radiants from Whiteflash. The cut is rated as 000 excellent on the more respected report that they provide (can't really the name). I am wondering if I will enjoy knowing I have the "nicest" ones I could find for my money or kick myself for not dropping clarity or color to buy larger stones. What has your experience been when choosing stud? Many thanks!

I always go for quality even though no one else notices. There's something about knowing that you have the absolute BEST of something that makes me smile to myself. Also, I'd be self-conscious dropping cut, clarity, or color too much and I don't think that I would enjoy the diamond as much. Hope this makes sense!

Hello ladies! I am a new member seeking advice. Currently I have on hold two .9 ct
VVS1 F "A Cut Above" radiants from Whiteflash. The cut is rated as 000 excellent on the more respected report that they provide (can't really the name). I am wondering if I will enjoy knowing I have the "nicest" ones I could find for my money or kick myself for not dropping clarity or color to buy larger stones. What has your experience been when choosing stud? Many thanks!

Do you mean ACA Princess cut diamonds or ACA Round brilliant diamonds? I do not think Whiteflash carries ACA Radiant cut diamonds?

Anyway, to answer your question. Yes, you have the nicest diamonds if you are talking about ACA Princess cut or round diamonds, because they are top cut and are AGS 000 (passes top cut optical tests). Smaller diamonds of top cut are far better than larger diamonds of poor cut.

You can drop the clarity from VVS1 down to eye-clean VS2 (or even eye-clean Si1) to trade for larger size. Simlarly, you can drop the color from F down to H (or even l) to trade for larger size diamonds. Stud earrings are more forgiving than rings, in terms of color and clarity, because no one looks at earrings within 6 inches.

Again, do not compromise on cut quality. Top cut diamonds are noticeable and can be spotted across the room.

People would have to have eyesight like an eagle in order to see VVS1 inclusions. Even for VS1 diamonds, most people will have a hard time seeing any inclusions closeup.

My experience - I have a pair of 1.5 ctw E color ACA diamond studs, and a pair of 2.5 ctw I color ACA studs. Although I love the icy white color of the E studs, I love the larger size I color stud more. I is white enough for me, and I know J is too tinted for me.

If you are already kinda wishing they were bigger, I'd for sure slide down on clarity. Get the best cut for sure, but I am all about compromising the color and clarity a bit considering it's not noticeable.

I always read from another forum that if its stud the clarity doesnt matter..probably the cut matters more so it will sparkle. You see, unlike rings people wont actually take a close look at your earrings to check for inclusions

i always go for quality even though no one else notices. There's something about knowing that you have the absolute best of something that makes me smile to myself. Also, i'd be self-conscious dropping cut, clarity, or color too much and i don't think that i would enjoy the diamond as much. Hope this makes sense!

+1!

I'd drop down to a VS1, just out of the gate. You're getting studs, not a ring, and you're already having second thoughts on the size. So drop down to a VS1 clarity, and really, I'd even consider looking in the G-H range for color (they're not going to be yellow, and they're also on your head, no one will be looking that closely if you feel they're warm). Both of those changes will allow you larger stones. That way you still have the "mind clean" feeling that I am wagering you're wanting, but you're getting more size.

IF you feel more comfortable, go down further on both. I-J color, VS2-SI1

Oh man, I feel like I am going to be ill. (first world problems)
Here are my choices both around $20000

1.8 TWC VVS1 F 000 ideal cut ( WF A Cut Above)
or
2.65 TCW VS1 I 000 ideal cut ( WF A Cut Above)

Is the cut going to be enough to keep these stunning? Please advise!

I need more information than that. PM me direct links to these stones. DO NOT post them out in the open. People poach stones. I will say that it's fairly likely they'll be fine.

There is a trade off, try it on you if you could. I have 2.05 ctw studs I color and they are absolutely gorgeous. I was torn between them and 1.5 ctw F color studs (Same clarity). I gotta tell you I love my bigger studs far more than the 1.5 ones. That's the advantage of having studs you can go bigger without having to compromise too much on the clarity (There is a limit though). Good luck with your decision!

I gave you the thumbs up on the other larger pair--they're still engagement ring quality stones, and will be amazing...

I don't think a 7mm stone in the ear is going to be a problem at all...nor will an I VS1.

Oh man, I feel like I am going to be ill. (first world problems)
Here are my choices both around $20000

1.8 TWC VVS1 F 000 ideal cut ( WF A Cut Above)
or
2.65 TCW VS1 I 000 ideal cut ( WF A Cut Above)

Is the cut going to be enough to keep these stunning? Please advise!

I gave you the thumbs up on the other larger pair--they're still engagement ring quality stones, and will be amazing...

I don't think a 7mm stone in the ear is going to be a problem at all...nor will an I VS1.
LOL! I could tell Susan was having "diamond shrinkage" problems already. Glad you gave the OK for the larger ones.
Should be stunning...keep us posted!

My studs are 2.65 I SI1 excellent cut and I adore them!!! I see the color when I'm cleaning them but not a bit when they're on my ears. Go big!