New Studded Antigona - keep or return?

GemsBerry

O.G.
Nov 10, 2011
Hi,
I ordered a studded Small Antigona from Farfetch. I LOVE the style.
But it arrived in a miserable condition, the box was torn and the bottom was completely soaked wet including paperwork inside. Bag was just thrown there in a duster, no protection. But it looks OK, no signs of damage like wet spots. What worries me is the bag was exposed to moisture and it may cause problems in the future like HW tarnishing, structural damage inside, even mold. On the other hand, it's the similar situation if I were caught in the rain wearing it.
Should I keep it and stuff with silica gel to dry it up or it's safer to return it?
IMG_6360.JPG IMG_6361.JPG IMG_6351.JPG IMG_6353.JPG

Reactions: Stormy C
Oh my goodness, better safe than sorry dear! I would return it immediately! If there are troubles down the line you will never be able to forgive yourself!

Reactions: GemsBerry
I saw that bag on FF and its so unique! If the leather wasn't damp or moist at all when you opened it, I think you'll be ok. Definitely keep it stuffed with silica or rice for a week or longer.
I loved the look too. Leather was damp but it felt like it's just surface. I keep checking lining and it feels dry. Duster probably protected the bag well.
Kudos to Givenchy leather and their dustbag.

I loved the look too. Leather was damp but it felt like it's just surface. I keep checking lining and it feels dry. Duster probably protected the bag well.
Kudos to Givenchy leather and their dustbag.
Oh good, fingers crossed it didnt seep thru. Maybe put it next to a dehumidifier if u have one?

Thank you dear, the problem I already bonded with her. I don't remove tag, I just sit and wait if she's totally OK or she starts showing some bad signs.

Yes, I had forgotten to say how GORGEOUS a bag it is! :heart:
I was coming back to see what you decided and I had in my mind to remember to mention it, it is sooooo beautiful.

I'm dying to get a new Antigona, but I can't decide which colour and I'm also trying to keep in mind that there will be many sales coming up just after Christmas. I know what I should do logically but the heart wants what the heart wants!

May I just ask, were there many others of the same style for sale? I understand adoring it, but had it been me, I would have insisted they send a new one out immediately. That way, no worries.

Reactions: GemsBerry
Hi,
I ordered a studded Small Antigona from Farfetch. I LOVE the style.
But it arrived in a miserable condition, the box was torn and the bottom was completely soaked wet including paperwork inside. Bag was just thrown there in a duster, no protection. But it looks OK, no signs of damage like wet spots. What worries me is the bag was exposed to moisture and it may cause problems in the future like HW tarnishing, structural damage inside, even mold. On the other hand, it's the similar situation if I were caught in the rain wearing it.
Should I keep it and stuff with silica gel to dry it up or it's safer to return it?
View attachment 3541659 View attachment 3541660 View attachment 3541657 View attachment 3541658
I would definitely let the know!!! Sorry!

Thank you for advise. I wrote to CS, they haven't responded yet. The bag seems to have dried up well and I was wearing it for three days already. there's no water marks or sagging. I'm so happy it's Givenchy made of sturdy calf skin, not some kind of paper thin lambskin that would get irreversible damage.

Yes, I had forgotten to say how GORGEOUS a bag it is! :heart:
I was coming back to see what you decided and I had in my mind to remember to mention it, it is sooooo beautiful.

I'm dying to get a new Antigona, but I can't decide which colour and I'm also trying to keep in mind that there will be many sales coming up just after Christmas. I know what I should do logically but the heart wants what the heart wants!

May I just ask, were there many others of the same style for sale? I understand adoring it, but had it been me, I would have insisted they send a new one out immediately. That way, no worries.
Thank you miumiuiloveyou, I know I saw it and I couldn't part with it. Unfortunately, there was only one bag left and discount was smaller on that one. My bag was almost perfect, it came out from the box with wrappings and no single scratch (I have a thing for scratches). who knows in which condition is another one. it comes from different boutique and it's most likely a store display, that's my gut feeling:smile:

It's a tough call... I know what you mean. I would definitely let them know and perhaps start the returns process; that will give you time to make your mind up! x
Good point, mayfairdolly. I'm waiting for response from CS now.

Congratulations on your bag! It is stunning. I have also fallen in love with the style. Wondering about ordering from Farfetch now, but I am worried. May I ask if there has been an update on your experience? Thank you!

Congratulations on your bag! It is stunning. I have also fallen in love with the style. Wondering about ordering from Farfetch now, but I am worried. May I ask if there has been an update on your experience? Thank you!

Hi Mimilo,
Obviously I cannot speak to the OP's situation, but I can tell you that I have purchased high quality items from Farfetch many times and I have only positive experiences with them. They are among my favourite retails alongside Net a Porter, MyTheresa, etc. In my opinion they are excellent but I am interested to see if/when they respond to help GemsBerry.