New stiff leather used on the Phantom - YAY or NAY?

img2012011300199.jpg

What do you guys think of the new stiff leather being used on the Phantom? It loses its slouchy-ness, and is a lot more like the luggage. To me, it feels a lot like the leather which is used on the tri-color.

IMO, I kinda like it! I love the shape of the Phantom, and I love the feel of the smooth leather, which means it holds it's shape better and doesn't go all into a puddle when you set it down.

However, it also costs more than the normal Phantom in soft leather.

Super tempted to get it for myself, but I put myself on a bag ban for awhile... :angel:

it's definitely a big OMG GO FOR IT for me. if only it comes in the larger size for now. the price difference is around a hundred dollars more.

i've attached a picture of a phantom in the newer stiffer leather that belongs to a friend of mine. the colour is khaki which is currently unavailable in singapore and it costs HKD$20,000 which is roughly US$2600. Singapore has it for around US$2700.

so yes, BIG YAY. i appreciate a firm bag. haha.

Attachments

• 11793c22cb23d57acbd908478f0ed817.jpg
    11793c22cb23d57acbd908478f0ed817.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,175
  • 61b9ba5d5db8246597494b67144f6a1b.jpg
    61b9ba5d5db8246597494b67144f6a1b.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,159
e17b104c294b5b43edb185d1a0deffab.jpg

Hope the picture works this time!

I cant't see the pic either. I'll also give a yay here as I hate seeing my bag changes shape over time.

Same here!

it's definitely a big OMG GO FOR IT for me. if only it comes in the larger size for now. the price difference is around a hundred dollars more.

i've attached a picture of a phantom in the newer stiffer leather that belongs to a friend of mine. the colour is khaki which is currently unavailable in singapore and it costs HKD$20,000 which is roughly US$2600. Singapore has it for around US$2700.

so yes, BIG YAY. i appreciate a firm bag. haha.

Thanks for the pictures CottonBlanc!! The small phantom i saw was about US$3500 if I remember correctly.

p.s.: How do you upload larger pictures? I don't know why everytime I try to upload my pictures they turn up really small. :x

i got to touch one yesterday. i say yay! but its not for me. too wide an opening

Isn't the leather crazy smooth and gorgeous? x)

Totally agree.. If only they comes with a zip.. The new leather is so gorgeous

The open top isn't an issue for me, because I usually don't zip my bags even if they have a zip anyway. Too much of a hassle!

when you carry the phantom, the top shuts. i find the bag to be pretty secure.

Totally agree with you. I think it's pretty safe as well, further more with the stiff leather, the bag gapes less IMO.

I just received my black Phantom and it's in the new stiff leather. I prefer slouchy but it's okay, I think it should soften up a bit after use.

I'm sure it will soften over use, but I'm not quite sure how much. If you have a tri-color maybe you can gauge from there? Just curious, but were you looking to get the black Phantom with the stiff leather, or did it just happen to be in stiff leather?

^^ Had no idea I was getting one with the stiff leather. I prefer the leather on the first-season Phantoms like this: http://forum.purseblog.com/celine/luggage-phantom-finally-arrived-688576.html which seems less susceptible to scruffs and scratches.

HAHA! Couldn't you do an exchange since you prefer the older leather? Yeah definitely, actually I have that same phantom in the post that you linked me except that mine's the large one. It still gets scuffs TBH. :x

I think the original leather and the slouchiness is what separated this bag from the Luggage. If its made from the same leather and no longer slouches, how is it much different? (other than the wider wing span?)