New Speedies VS Older ones?

ThatDarnMario

Aug 4, 2012
The next bag on my list is the Speedy 35 Damier Ebene; however, with the new tags ( Louis Vuitton Paris) and no "Made in" I feel the bag is less classic and has less history to it...
I've also heard the material is considerably thinner. I'm contemplating buying a nice, pre-loved bag.
What are your thoughts? Is the difference enough to buy a pre-loved bag or should I just buy a new one at the boutique.??

go to the store and see for yourself hun, others opinions won't matter unless you are happy with it. I only recently started collecting so i wouldn't even know what the old speedy quality was like, so me not having anything to compare mine to, i would say the new are amazing quality!!!!

go to the store and see for yourself hun, others opinions won't matter unless you are happy with it. I only recently started collecting so i wouldn't even know what the old speedy quality was like, so me not having anything to compare mine to, i would say the new are amazing quality!!!!

I agree you need to see them for yourself and compare. I'd always prefer new unless price is a consideration (and even then, the used ones sell for almost as much so I'd just wait longer and get a new one). Seems like you are bothered a lot by the tag (as quite a few on here seem to be) and if it's that important to you then a used one might be better for you.

The new speedy do have a difference in thinner canvas however it only depends on some batches that comes in I had seen very thin ones and also thick as well.

I used to want all bags to be brand new from LV - get the warranty, 100% assured it is authentic. But, I now go to pre-loved for some items. If I were getting a speedy I would definitely buy preloved. The canvas is better quality (depending how old), they usually have a patina so you don't have to worry about patina, that first spot, rain, etc. It has some character. I agree, it has to be what you are comfortable with. For myself, I have purchased Delightful, Noe, Neo and several LE Speedy pre-loved and they all have character and are well loved. Good luck with your decision.

New! Comparing my older Speedy 25 and my friend's new one, the newer quality is the same if not better. Also, I like being the first and only person that used my bag and I agree that you should get the full LV store experience.

BJTaylor02 said:
I used to want all bags to be brand new from LV - get the warranty, 100% assured it is authentic. But, I now go to pre-loved for some items. If I were getting a speedy I would definitely buy preloved. The canvas is better quality (depending how old), they usually have a patina so you don't have to worry about patina, that first spot, rain, etc. It has some character. I agree, it has to be what you are comfortable with. For myself, I have purchased Delightful, Noe, Neo and several LE Speedy pre-loved and they all have character and are well loved. Good luck with your decision.

Agree with this. My speedies are from years ago, but if I repurchased today, I would do preloved.

Bjtaylor you should do videos on your LE speedies. Would LVOE to see those!

Here's my take. I bought the 30 B DE a couple of months ago. After 3 weeks noticed the rings chipping/black where the strap attaches. Took it in and they replaced. 4 weeks later, AGAIN! LOVED that bag, but I just can't deal with that. Not only that, it really always irked me that the strap hardware is different than the hardware on the bag. Makes it look fake IMHO. Took it back again last night and bought the Trevi on a whim. It is very nice but I definitely can't fit all the stuff in it that I could the Speedy. It's really a shame.