New small Woven Mushroom Sage (19312) - Pics

toby11

O.G.
Feb 23, 2009
Well, she's here at last ... I'm not at all sure I'm keeping her, she's not what I imagined ... but here are some pics for anyone who might be interested. I didn't realize the back was completely non-woven and the weaving is different from the original woven Sages as well as the newer large woven Sages; also so far she doesn't slouch at all, but maybe she would after a bit of use. The lining is a really pretty soft pink. She's also a bit bigger than I imagined. On the positive side, if I return this bag, that's $400 I can put toward some of the other beautiful bags in this thread.

Sorry for the crappy pics, I had to take them with my iPhone in my car.

Attachments

• WovenMushroomSage3.JPG
    WovenMushroomSage3.JPG
    735.8 KB · Views: 1,676
  • WovenMushroomSage2.JPG
    WovenMushroomSage2.JPG
    916.4 KB · Views: 1,482
  • WovenMushroomSage1.JPG
    WovenMushroomSage1.JPG
    579.6 KB · Views: 1,470
  • WovenMushroomSage4.JPG
    WovenMushroomSage4.JPG
    699.7 KB · Views: 1,477
  • WovenMushroomSage5.JPG
    WovenMushroomSage5.JPG
    266.1 KB · Views: 1,432
Well, I LOVE it! I know it might be a bit disappointing without the woven detail on the back, though.
If you aren't happy...there are always others to think about. :graucho:
I personally think it rocks, love the lining!

It's pretty, but I can feel where you're coming from. After seeing the pics of the larger sage w/ the different weave, I can't get that taupey/golden (can't really tell what it is) colored one out of my mind. If you don't love it, send it back and get one you will love.

I also liked the weave on the larger sage, but this weave isn't as bad looking as what was in the spring lineup. I think I like it. You mentioned it is alittle larger then you expected can you compare to any other bags size wise? Does it open wide ie: can you see the whole interior of the bag and find things easily? How much will it hold? For instance a small sophia will not fit all my "stuff" Is is heavy? Sorry for the deludge of questions but im so excited to know more info.

It's pretty, but I can feel where you're coming from. After seeing the pics of the larger sage w/ the different weave, I can't get that taupey/golden (can't really tell what it is) colored one out of my mind. If you don't love it, send it back and get one you will love.

What I really really really wanted was an exact replica, in miniature, of the original mushroom woven Sage ... some differences I could have lived with, but there are too many. ITA new large woven Sages are absolutely stunning though! The two pics posted so far are Parchment and Slate, I think the one that's got you is the Slate ... so gorgeous!

This one, right? This is slate.

Attachments

• 19341_svsl_a0.jpg
    19341_svsl_a0.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 1,495
I also liked the weave on the larger sage, but this weave isn't as bad looking as what was in the spring lineup. I think I like it. You mentioned it is alittle larger then you expected can you compare to any other bags size wise? Does it open wide ie: can you see the whole interior of the bag and find things easily? How much will it hold? For instance a small sophia will not fit all my "stuff" Is is heavy? Sorry for the deludge of questions but im so excited to know more info.

No problem. I haven't compared side-by-side with anything but my coral Kristin Hippie I'm carrying today, but of course next to the hippie the Sage is enormous!! The Sage is definitely a lot lighter than the original woven Sages, but bigger than any of the bags I already have -- medium Zoe, medium Carly, medium Kristin hobo, etc. I think it will hold quite a lot. And the top of the bag is wider than the bottom, so the opening makes it pretty easy to see everything inside and get inside.

I'll put some of my stuff in later tonight and take some more pics, and put her side-by-side with some of my other bags.

No problem. I haven't compared side-by-side with anything but my coral Kristin Hippie I'm carrying today, but of course next to the hippie the Sage is enormous!! The Sage is definitely a lot lighter than the original woven Sages, but bigger than any of the bags I already have -- medium Zoe, medium Carly, medium Kristin hobo, etc. I think it will hold quite a lot. And the top of the bag is wider than the bottom, so the opening makes it pretty easy to see everything inside and get inside.

I'll put some of my stuff in later tonight and take some more pics, and put her side-by-side with some of my other bags.

Thanks that would be awesome!:biggrin:

I think it's beautiful! Definitely surprised that the back is smooth, but not a deal breaker for me. The lining is so pretty. I think I will be adding one of these beauties to my wishlist! If you are not happy, however, return it and I'm sure you'll find something else that you will love.