New small quilted Bayswater

1. Morning ladies!

I took the plunge and ordered the new quilted Bays in the small size...

The burgundy leather has a more red tone (but not overly so) and is lighter than oxblood. And the leather is gorgeous! It’s a smooth calf leather, which will need more looking after than the thicker, grainier leathers but will hopefully age well. Fingers crossed!

I think it’s nicer IRL than it looks on M.com - was concerned that the leather would be very shiny, but it’s actually more of a subtle sheen.

IMG_1510654620.986572.jpg

IMG_1510654637.502360.jpg

2. wow! That's a beauty. I prefer the oxblood to be it bit more red toned like your small Bays.
    I have a smooth calf zipped B and I can vouch how hardwearing that leather is

Skater likes this.
  3. Thank you! And great to hear about the leather durability- that was my only concern as the colour and finish are lovely.

And I will have to be a bit more disciplined about what I carry, but not much - and it’s a good thing anyway!

4. Ooh, congrats! It’s definitely gorgeous!

Skater likes this.
  5. Your new bag is beautiful Skater :love:
    So so so pretty that I am now considering this bag for myself :loveeyes:
    Though I have some questions: is the flap less floppy then the one of the heritage SBS? As this is something I didn’t like with that bag.
    And is it as big as an Alexa? As it seems a little bigger then the SBS too..
    What a great purchase anyway, I think it looks fabulous :smile:
    Many congrats and carry it in good healt!

Skater likes this.
  6. Thanks ladies!

Gringach, the flap sits nicely on the bag - I think the leather is generally less slouchy than the classic NVT. It doesn’t hold as much as an Alexa - same as the other new SBS bags and probably similar to the old small Del Rey (which held a lot more than it looked like it would) but higher - you can just fit an iPad regular in.

It is a gorgeous colour and leather... let us know if you get one too!

Gringach likes this.
  7. That is a beautiful bag Skater!
    Any modelling pics so we can see the size? Tempted to get one too, love the quilted leather! :heart:
    But I carry quite a lot sometimes so want to make sure its big enough!
    Any pics of inside the bag and what it can hold? Thank you.

Skater likes this.
  8. #8 Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Thank you! I will try to take a mod shot tomorrow.// Contents today:

IMG_1510788556.747819.jpg

Continental purse, small Cara pouch (around A5 size I think)), smaller pouch around 10cm x 8cm, phone, compact folding hairbrush, headphones.

Can’t fit any more in, so I will have to be disciplined! I can carry more in an Alexa...

Gringach likes this.
  9. Thanks for this information :smile:
    Well I first need to assess my collection as I am lacking space for another baby.. But I might make some space for this one as it is just too gorgeous ;)
    If that happens, I will let you know for sure!

10. I am very bad at keeping my collection under control, so won’t encourage you to purchase!

I need to move some bags on as I have NOT been myself recently... pre-loved purchase confession coming soon!!

11. Never seen this before, its gorgeous!

12. Newly released and I just happened to be looking for a new work bag

13. Hi Skater,
    Sorry that this post is a few months late, I have been wanting the same bag since I saw your posts. Just wondering how your new bag is holding up before I get one. Do you have to baby it as the leather is quite smooth?
    Xxx

14. Hi!

I am still LOVING this bag. I use it several days a week and there is only one teeny tiny mark so far... I’m careful with it, but don’t need to baby it - whereas I once owned a smooth calf small Del Rey which was beautiful but I was just too paranoid to use it, so sold it on. This leather is more robust than I was expecting, which is great!

No regrets at all with this bag, it’s a beauty and lots of people comment on it! If I could change one thing, I’d make it a tiny bit bigger - but that is literally all!

Let us know if you go for one...

xx

15. It's in the sale!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice