New Simples.. am I getting a bad deal?

michelle4444

Dec 28, 2009
I did a search and found somebody who had paid $300 for a pair of New Simples. I just placed my order at Barneys, and they were close to $700. Am I totally getting ripped off? Feel free to move this post if I've posted in the wrong area- I couldn't find anywhere else to post this!
:tdown: or :tup:??

I'm going to venture a guess that someone who paid $300 for new simples either (a) bought them off an auction site, (b) got a color that made it to sale, or (c) both of the above.

If you are looking for BNIB new simples in black or nude, I would expect to pay retail.

I'm going to venture a guess that someone who paid $300 for new simples either (a) bought them off an auction site, (b) got a color that made it to sale, or (c) both of the above.

If you are looking for BNIB new simples in black or nude, I would expect to pay retail.
To add to this, they could have also gotten the shoes used! I don't think OP mentioned whether or not the were new or used.

i bought them for 250 shipped to belgium they are pewter but paint them black
bought my simples for 200 shipped they are also pewter
I would never ever pay retail for them

If your in the states and want to save a few dollars buy them from Europe. The exchange rate is totally worth it. I love that I save buying from abroad!

Thanks, I never thought about that! I called the Nordstrom in Seattle and they helped me and had exactly what I was looking for. Next time I am not going to deal with Saks. I am going straight to Nordys! They are so awesome there :smile:

If your in the states and want to save a few dollars buy them from Europe. The exchange rate is totally worth it. I love that I save buying from abroad!

OP - I guess it really depends on if it matters to you whether it's used or not.

Black simples RARELY if ever go on sale. I found mine used (but hardly worn) for less than $300 on ebay. It wasn't a perfect fit, but I got it for a great deal. I spent few extra dollars towards foot petals, and I'm loving it.

BUT I tried finding a pair for my friend once she saw mine. It took awhile, and she too did not get a perfect fit either. She paid $450. Her's were hardly worn as well.

For something so classic and where you know you'd wear everyday, paying retail would be worth it. It's pretty rare to win a pair on ebay for less than $350.