New setting for Engagement Ring - Help me choose

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Ladies who have plain band solitaire rings can you please post the side view? I’m in the process of changing my setting and cant decide if I should keep a 4 prong or 6 prong. I dont want the diamond look small. Pics are of my current setting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Esp interested if your diamond is 1-1.5carat range who have plain band solitaire rings can you please post the side view?

2. 1.5 carat - 6 prong. Size 4.

IMG_0060.JPG IMG_0062.JPG IMG_0058.JPG

3. IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0064.JPG

Another side view & what it looks like with a band...

PradaforRada likes this.
  4. Thats the style 6 prong I have saved actually. I'm between that and the 4 prong posted below. My concern is with 6 prongs there is more metal covering up the diamond from the sides. Since mine isnt a big diamond I'm nervouse itll be so close together you wont even see it from the side. Any opinions on this?

The reason I even need a new "head" is because the current is too low for my band and the prongs are too thick for my style. Makes me feel like the one I have is actually too big for my diamond, it looks like it sunk in there.

[​IMG]

5. I am keeping my band, the only thing being changes is the "head". My ring is 1.2.

6. For me, no question I would do a 6-prong. 4-prongs make your diamond look square. 6-prong makes it look like a perfectly round sparkly diamond. The 6-prong Tiffany is gorgeous and clean.

Good luck!

7. I would go with a 6 prong! You can make the prongs small enough where it shouldn’t cover up your stone on the top, and the basket will still be open on the sides of course.

My diamond is 1.95 ct size 3.5

IMG_3352.JPG

IMG_3608.JPG

DDO408, kbell and PradaforRada like this.