New seller unclaimed payment

quinna

Jun 27, 2013
I recently won an auction on Sunday evening, and it was a new seller with zero feedback. She has not yet confirmed her paypal account, and my payment is still unclaimed. I've been burned recently on two other transactions, but they at least took the money, although they didn't communicate or send anything. I know it's still relatively early, but she hasn't responded to anything yet. Would I still file a case as usual (at the appropriate time) when the money isn't technically accepted by the seller?

I recently won an auction on Sunday evening, and it was a new seller with zero feedback. She has not yet confirmed her paypal account, and my payment is still unclaimed. I've been burned recently on two other transactions, but they at least took the money, although they didn't communicate or send anything. I know it's still relatively early, but she hasn't responded to anything yet. Would I still file a case as usual (at the appropriate time) when the money isn't technically accepted by the seller?
As it's a new seller I would try the communication route first and give her a chance to respond,this is a common problem with new sellers.
If you haven't heard anything by the end of the week,I would contact eBay first and ask advice rather than open a case.
It's easy enough to cancel the payment but obviously you don't then want the seller filing a non-payment against you.
I find one of the easiest ways to contact eBay is through the "live chat" as a transcript of the conversation is automatically sent to your message box so if they advise cancelling the payment you have proof :smile:

Thanks this gave me an idea for my issue where I'm awaiting receipt of an item. The seller shows as "unverified." It does show I've paid. What does that mean? Not hijacklng your thread, maybe you have a similar difficulty?

When you go to ask the seller a question, go to the listing and click the box that says "other." That way, you won't be opening a case against her.

Did you use a credit card to fund the payment? If so, it could be that she hasn't set her account to accept c.c. payments yet. She has to do that.

When you go to ask the seller a question, go to the listing and click the box that says "other." That way, you won't be opening a case against her.

Did you use a credit card to fund the payment? If so, it could be that she hasn't set her account to accept c.c. payments yet. She has to do that.

I used Bill me later through PayPal for the purchase. I've messaged her twice in a nice, non confrontational way just to see if she knew what to do as a new seller, but she hasn't replied. I'm guessing she's not happy with the final bid since it was a pretty good deal for what she was selling.

This actually has a happy ending! I've been burned so much lately I didn't expect much, but my hands were tied and I couldn't even open a case with a pending payment. I took a previous posters advice and emailed her outside of eBay, and she finally got back to me for the first time today. Apparently she was a very confused noob, but she cleared it up and shipped today. So happy to get a sweet deal on some Louboutins!

This actually has a happy ending! I've been burned so much lately I didn't expect much, but my hands were tied and I couldn't even open a case with a pending payment. I took a previous posters advice and emailed her outside of eBay, and she finally got back to me for the first time today. Apparently she was a very confused noob, but she cleared it up and shipped today. So happy to get a sweet deal on some Louboutins!

Enjoy you Loubies:smile: