new scarf I got

guccigal07

He is Risen
Jun 19, 2006
just picked this up on an off ebay transaction.

no care tag or copyright.

I am wondering if its a first edition?

it feels very stiff. hems are nice and plump

Attachments

• scarf.jpg
    scarf.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 108
  • scarf5.jpg
    scarf5.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 52
  • scarf6.jpg
    scarf6.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 56
If I'm not mistaken, the envelope would seem to imply that it's quite vintage. My guess would be first edition, but I am sure someone with lots more scarf knowledge will be along soon :smile:

If I'm not mistaken, the envelope would seem to imply that it's quite vintage. My guess would be first edition, but I am sure someone with lots more scarf knowledge will be along soon :smile:

and the lines match the envelop perfect. its got a Hermes ribbon threaded thru the hole too.

I hope its not a fake. no care tags, etc but I know those were not on old scarves. feels really stiff but if its old.....then that would make sense.

Can you post a closeup of the hem on both the right and wrong sides? That is usually the dead giveaway--but not always, as plenty of fakes have hand stitched hems too.
But to me your pattern looks good, it's crisp and clear and not shoddy looking; and the silk itself looks good too.
Again though I am no expert at all.

well, Hello or DQ aint here so I guess I will have to do :smile:

Congrats, you got a beautiful authentic rare hermes scarf.

I used to have a L'Ocean (this was during my I must have all of LeDoux's designs phase) and yours look like i remember it. It should not have a copyright; never seen a L'Ocean with a copyright.

The bag looks in keeping with the time period. Everything looks good including the fine lines of the screening itself, the colors, the way the Hermes signature is, etc