New scam?

rdgldy

Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 18, 2006
Got this message this AM for an item I am selling. Crazy stuff. Guess I don’t recall any of this....
Hello,

Amazing....I am the seller who mistakingly placed the wrong address and you received item with my return
address....and instead of forwardly it back to me....you committed fraud by attempting to sell my shoes.
thru US MAIL....federal offense.....Ebay ...paypal and USPS..will be contacted and file claim against you.

You have violated eBay agreement....and should be suspended .

harmon

Forward to eBay and then, after some time, delete.

Either you are mistaken for someone, or it's indeed in hopes of scaring you/ you messaging back and then entangling you in a conversation/scam maybe up to someone really sending the shoes/item out of fear for being prosecuted ... lol.

The way it is written = scam.

Kind regards,
Oliver

Forward to eBay and then, after some time, delete.

Either you are mistaken for someone, or it's indeed in hopes of scaring you/ you messaging back and then entangling you in a conversation/scam maybe up to someone really sending the shoes/item out of fear for being prosecuted ... lol.

The way it is written = scam.

Kind regards,
Oliver
I already got in touch with ebay. It’s absurd. Person has feedback of over 600 as a buyer but not one sale. I agree, it’s a scam. Ebay said not to engage and they are looking into a history of this person approaching others too.

It's definitely a scam, you did the right thing by forwarding the message to eBay and not engaging in a conversation with this scammer.

But I have to say, one of the things I could never understand is, why, just WHY do people write like this? Have they never read a book, any book at all, where they could learn how to use punctuation marks properly? :annoyed:

The scam doesn’t even make sense to me. They’re saying they sent you the shoes you’re selling? How is that even possible; when would you have ever given them your address?

It is so ridiculous, who would ever fall for something like this?

Reactions: 880
The scam doesn’t even make sense to me. They’re saying they sent you the shoes you’re selling? How is that even possible; when would you have ever given them your address?

It is so ridiculous, who would ever fall for something like this?
No, they're saying that she returned the shoes to another seller but put the wrong address and sent them to @rdgldy by mistake. (We won't even question how she got rdgldy's address!) Now she's accusing rdgldy of receiving the returned item and selling it herself.

It's nonsense.

Did you contact ebay by phone and have them read the message? I’m asking because I’ve not been able to figure out how to actually “report” messages that need reporting.

It's definitely a scam, you did the right thing by forwarding the message to eBay and not engaging in a conversation with this scammer.

But I have to say, one of the things I could never understand is, why, just WHY do people write like this? Have they never read a book, any book at all, where they could learn how to use punctuation marks properly? :annoyed:
When someone write's that way, English it likely their second language. eBay has had ongoing issues like this for years. Criminal organizations operating out of eBay with fake e-mail accounts. In some cases, they've taken over a legitimate ebay sellers accounts. Bumped into some operating out of Hungry and the scam used real photos of merchandise and requesting payment via Western Union. They couldn't produce the serial numbers and I checked the e-mail headers which changed each time. I turned them into eBay security.

It's an ESL writer and generally the biggest clue they are scamming - the writing is all wrong and the misspellings are super obvious.