New scam?

Forward to eBay and then, after some time, delete.

Either you are mistaken for someone, or it's indeed in hopes of scaring you/ you messaging back and then entangling you in a conversation/scam maybe up to someone really sending the shoes/item out of fear for being prosecuted ... lol.

The way it is written = scam.

Kind regards,
Oliver

Totally agree.
Going off on a tangent: Hope all is well with you, Oliver, and that you’re staying safe and healthy. I hope this COVID-19 hasn’t messed life up for you, as it has so many others. Not sure if you remember me, we have talked of our love for watches and pens!
Pennie

Reactions: the_black_tie_diyer
Totally agree.
Going off on a tangent: Hope all is well with you, Oliver, and that you’re staying safe and healthy. I hope this COVID-19 hasn’t messed life up for you, as it has so many others. Not sure if you remember me, we have talked of our love for watches and pens!
Pennie

Hey Pennie,

thanks for asking, hope all is well with you as well! Here everything is going great, knocking on wood - hopes it stays that way.

Wearing masks since the authorities recommended them, when we go out for grocery shopping on Fridays, otherwise not leaving the house much except for absolutely necessary errands (also with mask of course ...). City has a very, very low infection rate/ low count of infected people. Highest was around the 30-ish mark for about 47k people living here. We were down to zero, right now it's in the higher ten-ish mark.

Kind regards,
Oliver

Hey Pennie,

thanks for asking, hope all is well with you as well! Here everything is going great, knocking on wood - hopes it stays that way.

Wearing masks since the authorities recommended them, when we go out for grocery shopping on Fridays, otherwise not leaving the house much except for absolutely necessary errands (also with mask of course ...). City has a very, very low infection rate/ low count of infected people. Highest was around the 30-ish mark for about 47k people living here. We were down to zero, right now it's in the higher ten-ish mark.

Kind regards,
Oliver

Thanks, things are well here and I’m safe. I have to wear a mask in all stores, have my temperature checked, and write my name and phone number in a log book in each store. I’m not sure of the statistics of the virus here, though I believe the count to be extremely low. We did have a curfew, though they stopped that two months ago. They also stopped all travel in and out of the country, which is excellent.
Unfortunately, my brother who is an ICU nurse in another country has contracted COVID-19 (we knew it was bound to happen, hazard of the job) and has been pretty ill for the past two weeks. He has no co-morbidities, and he doesn’t drink, smoke, etc. so I really hope he will get better soon. It worries me tremendously seeing my wonderful (and normally extremely healthy and strong) brother so ill.

Reactions: the_black_tie_diyer
It's definitely a scam, you did the right thing by forwarding the message to eBay and not engaging in a conversation with this scammer.

But I have to say, one of the things I could never understand is, why, just WHY do people write like this? Have they never read a book, any book at all, where they could learn how to use punctuation marks properly? :annoyed:
When someone write's that way, English it likely their second language. eBay has had ongoing issues like this for years. Criminal organizations operating out of eBay with fake e-mail accounts. In some cases, they've taken over a legitimate ebay sellers accounts. Bumped into some operating out of Hungry and the scam used real photos of merchandise and requesting payment via Western Union. They couldn't produce the serial numbers and I checked the e-mail headers which changed each time. I turned them into eBay security.

The bad English may be deliberate. It's the same for those Nigerian prince scam emails / phishing emails.

The English is *deliberately* bad. The point is, they are trying to find people stupid enough. They know smart people will see through these. They don't care. They send a ton of these out and they are only looking for the most gullible people, and the bad English is a way to pick out only those who are the most gullible.

Some reference -