New Scam alert...

dancianne

Nov 14, 2012
There seems to be a new scam going around, in my area at least,...here is how it works:

You return to your car after shopping and start backing out. While looking behind you, you notice that there is some piece of paper plastered on your back window passsenger side. You stop the car and get out to go get it.

The motor is running, the drivers door is open and your purse is inside.
The would-be theif is nearby, jumps in your car, locks the door and drives off.
He or she not only has your car, but your purse, wallet, cell phone, house keys, your address, credit cards, checkbook, and everything else you were carrying.

So,...if you see something on your window, lock your door immediately and just drive. If it's still there when you are a safe distance away, then and only then, check it out.

You could always take your purse and keys out with you of course and lock your doors? I couldn't drive knowing there was something plastered to my back window- could cause an obstruction after all.

There seems to be a new scam going around, in my area at least,...here is how it works:

You return to your car after shopping and start backing out. While looking behind you, you notice that there is some piece of paper plastered on your back window passsenger side. You stop the car and get out to go get it.

The motor is running, the drivers door is open and your purse is inside.
The would-be theif is nearby, jumps in your car, locks the door and drives off.
He or she not only has your car, but your purse, wallet, cell phone, house keys, your address, credit cards, checkbook, and everything else you were carrying.

So,...if you see something on your window, lock your door immediately and just drive. If it's still there when you are a safe distance away, then and only then, check it out.

Dammnnnn, that's soooo messed up! WOW! Thank you for the heads up!