New Saint Laurent Vanity Bag - Thoughts?

dice7074

Aug 23, 2014
Hi everyone! I've been on the hunt for an everyday black bag and I came across this new vanity bag from Saint Laurent. I don't carry much anymore these days and I really like that it's made of grained leather and has an adjustable leather and chain strap - making it carefree and casual. I just don't know if vanity bags are trendy or if this one is a little different because it does not have a top handle. Thoughts anyone?
Picture1.jpgPicture2.pngPicture3.jpgPicture4.jpg

I like the fact that this one is vertical compared to the horizontal shaped ones we usually see! Feels like that makes it look more bag-like rather than a vanity case - also prevents spillage or it toppling over when you open up the bag? The grained leather & adjustable strap are plus points too!

Hi everyone! I've been on the hunt for an everyday black bag and I came across this new vanity bag from Saint Laurent. I don't carry much anymore these days and I really like that it's made of grained leather and has an adjustable leather and chain strap - making it carefree and casual. I just don't know if vanity bags are trendy or if this one is a little different because it does not have a top handle. Thoughts anyone?
View attachment 4937996View attachment 4937997View attachment 4937998View attachment 4937999
Honestly love it! It looks like a mix of a vanity bag and a camera bag making it more wearable. It doesn’t look comical like some styles on the market.The leather looks really lovely!

Reactions: staneja
I like the fact that this one is vertical compared to the horizontal shaped ones we usually see! Feels like that makes it look more bag-like rather than a vanity case - also prevents spillage or it toppling over when you open up the bag? The grained leather & adjustable strap are plus points too!
I think so, too! Some vanity cases look so boxy to me. It definitely looks more like a bag. :heart: the leather and adjustable strap!
Cute bag but it doesn't look like a vanity case to me. I think I'd like a top handle.
Yeah - I couldn't pinpoint what it looked like without the top handle. It just has the double zip top that makes you wonder.
Honestly love it! It looks like a mix of a vanity bag and a camera bag making it more wearable. It doesn’t look comical like some styles on the market.The leather looks really lovely!
It 's a definite mix - vanity bag, camera bag... even reminds me of a bucket bag because of the vertical shape. Some current styles just don't look comfortable... like they're too structured and they would stick too far out from the body. The leather makes me want it even more!

I think vanity bag purses are a trendy item that will not stand the test of time. This has more design to it though. Like you said more of a cross between a vanity bag and camera bag. It is nice. And I really like the quilting!

Reactions: Marmotte
Hello! I actually have the Vicky vanity bag in patent leather. When I received the item, I was in awe pretty it was in person and shocked at how big it was. The chain is really heavy and thick, doesn't look cheap or like the other chains YSL has on other handbags.
I carried it around for a day before I settled on keeping or returning it. It holds a lot of stuff inside. Its kinda awkward when using as a crossbody but fine as a shoulder bag. So I ended up keeping it because it's one of those unique bags that most people don't have or you see around. I like the fact that's it's patent leather also.

With that said, if you're looking for something unique and fits your style, go for it.

Attachments

• 27D49471-E4AB-427D-8F6F-E3E99822BED9.jpeg
    27D49471-E4AB-427D-8F6F-E3E99822BED9.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 71
Hello! I actually have the Vicky vanity bag in patent leather. When I received the item, I was in awe pretty it was in person and shocked at how big it was. The chain is really heavy and thick, doesn't look cheap or like the other chains YSL has on other handbags.
I carried it around for a day before I settled on keeping or returning it. It holds a lot of stuff inside. Its kinda awkward when using as a crossbody but fine as a shoulder bag. So I ended up keeping it because it's one of those unique bags that most people don't have or you see around. I like the fact that's it's patent leather also.

With that said, if you're looking for something unique and fits your style, go for it.
that's so cute! I think yours looks even better than the new quilted one :smile:

I think vanity bag purses are a trendy item that will not stand the test of time. This has more design to it though. Like you said more of a cross between a vanity bag and camera bag. It is nice. And I really like the quilting!
I just can't get passed the top handles and the depth of most vanity bags... I look at them and they just remind me of hard-wearing luggage. But yeah - this one doesn't have a top handle, making it different. I just wish the dimensions were published on the Saint Laurent site, especially for depth. Farfetch and Saks have them published, but they're both different sets of dimensions. The grained, quilted leather is beautiful!

Last edited:
Reactions: ElectricBoots

This bag is gorgeous! I just would never have anywhere to wear a bag so dressy! Both bags look like they could hold a lot. Is it awkward to wear crossbody because of the structure?

I just can't get passed the top handles and the depth of most vanity bags... I look at them and they just remind me of hard-wearing luggage. But yeah - this one doesn't have a top handle, making it different. I just wish the dimensions were published on the Saint Laurent site, especially for depth. Farfetch and Saks have them published, but they're both different sets of dimensions. The grained, quilted leather is beautiful!

I HATE when sites have little to no dimensions! It's like they want numerous returns!

Reactions: dice7074

This is gorgeous! I don’t usually like the quilted bags but it really suits this style. For me, patent isn’t as practical so if they ever made it in grain de poudre I would be sold!